Child Damage Mitigation

Last week the wife and I brought a new baby home - our first - and it's been fun introducing her to the music we love. It dawned on me this morning that this child will be crawling before I know it and my lovely pair of Magnepan 3.7's might be sitting ducks. They're less agile than the cat, closer to the ground than the house plants, and more fragile than the couch. As I've calculated I've got approximately 6 months to find a way to prevent any child-induced damage so your input is greatly appreciated. What can I learn from the grand wisdom of AG about how to keep the kid away from the speakers? 
hapafoto
Funny that title of thread is "Child Damage Mitigation" rather than "Speaker Damage Mitigation" : )
I built a light wood frame around my speakers and covered it with some cloth mesh from a fabric store.  It kept the monkeys from doing any damage while they were tiny.  When they get a little bigger you've got to watch for them messing with the volume.  I've had them crank it up to 11, panic, and run.  If possible, put electronics on a high shelf.
My  wife and I reared two rug rats during a time when we had Magnepan IIAs then Acoustat 2+2s.  We never had any problems.  I suppose we were just lucky.  However my wife's awful bulimic house cat did once regurgitate into the innards of a Lexicon DC-1 surround sound decoder.  Repairs were $450.00 plus shipping.

jon_5912

"I've had them crank it up to 11, panic, and run."

Me too, unforgettable experience. 
Amp survived, speakers survived, but I almost didn't.

I love my Creek Destiny 1 amp but next time I'm getting something with a heavier volume dial and maybe overload protection. All 100 watts through my speakers at once is not something I want to experience again! 
More to discover