Brumeister 061 performance

I know an audio shop boss, he has one Brumester 061 cd player which is an used one. He wants to sell at US$8000 which is a bit high when compare with international price. How about the performance of the player which also has DA for out source input.
Also, is the price match the sound?
faust168
Dear Alexatpos,

Tks for your kind reply. 

I checked the link in your response and use the translation to view the web link.
I found that the review is highly rated the 061 which in your comment there are other superior ones. Of course, one grade up costs more expense and give you different sound which is fair.  

Being a Salary man, what I can afford is a 2nd gear in such kind of grade product with reasonable price.  What I am concerning now is the C/P value instead of best possible reproduction.  You know some times, the higher price may not sound better for it is important for the combination of the audio gears. That is the fun of the audiophiles.

Thank you again for your valuable opinion.

Faust  
Well, I am not sure if I helped. It seems to me that you have decided to buy it, which is of course fine by me, it is a nice sounding player, after all.

My answer was directed to your question, 'does the price match the sound' ?

In article that I posted, you may see thats its price in the time of launch was around 7000usd (by todays rate eur-usd)

So, if some 14 years later you should pay 8000 usd for used machine, I would not consider that as a favorable investment and I do believe that there are better options

However, our opinions on that matter might be different.

Regards and inform us of your decision and your listening impressions

Dear Alexatpos,

Tks for your kind response.

I won’t purchase a gear without listening with my current components esp. such kind of high priced gear.

In our 2nd audio shop in Taiwan, you can make the full payment of the selling price for the gear, and if you are not satisfied, you can return it to the seller with the cost about US$ 50 to 70 depends on the equip. price. The test listening is 3 days in general, but you can negotiate for a slightly longer period with a higher fee depends on your negotiation with the shop owner.

Also, if you are not satisfied, you can return the gear with 10% discount within 3 months. Or 20% discount within one year.

MBL should be pair with the Burmester in the same grade.
But the 2nd hand 6010C is selling around US$8,000 while the Burmester 88 is selling at US$16,000 for the 2nd hand one.

The 2nd hand shop have no desire to buy back the Burmester for it’s
high price even can buy a new one in EU market.

As the concern about the 2nd hand or non-distributor gear, the 2nd hand can find some former expert (such as the technician work for the brand but retired).

The only problem might be the parts which unable to find one.

Just for your ref.

faust

f