McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark
You may be right about current line up macs. I would be fine with a demo unit, however, being so new, probably not a lot available. However, you can get discounts of the "online dealer Mac models" (the ones you see in crutchfield, MD, etc) at BB Magnolia. 

In my experience with buying McIntosh it’s no different than any other brand in terms of discounts. If you work at it and don’t mind being somewhat assertive 20% off wouldn’t too be hard to find and 25% is obtainable. The caveat is that you would need a dealer that you have a good relationship with so that he knows that if he gives you a handsome discount you won’t go blab about it. You have to look at audio gear as no different than any other widget. Don’t we all try to secure the very best price we can on an automobile purchase? We audiophiles have let prices get out of hand because emotionally we think  audio gear is somehow different than other types of products. It’s not and the dealer is a businessman like any other. It’s our job as the consumer to determine how far the dealer will go to make some profit vs none. If you want 20- 25% off tell him you’ll pay by check or paypal ‘friends’ and that you’ll keep your lips sealed. There’s nothing unsavory about it at all. Either more stays in your pocket or his. FWIW