McIntosh c2700 users please chime in?

1. Is there a big difference (besides the upgradable DAC module)?

2. How much discount (5, 10, 15%) should one expect to get if asked?

I may be looking to sell my BHK pre and then pay the difference for the C2700. Nothing wrong with the BHK. I also like the idea of tone controls. Plus, its hard not to like the blue meters :)
aberyclark
stereo5
If you are buying a new C2700, expect no discount ... Why do you feel a discount is warranted on new McIntosh equipment? You don’t get it on most other high end equipment ...
In my experience, dealers give discounts to their best customers, including on products such as Mac and ARC. The "best customers" aren’t necessarily the ones who spend the most money, but the ones that are relatively easy to work with.
@cleeds,

Sorry but I don’t agree with that.  I frequent the Mac forum daily on another site and I have yet to hear anyone who has bought a current Mac component say the got a discount.  Many have asked for one but no one has received a discount, unless they are buying a system and other pieces have been discounted to compensate.  If you know of a dealer that does discount, please let me know as I am looking for a few Mac items. I deal exclusively with AC and am very satisfied.  I can’t say enough great things about them.  
stereo5
Sorry but I don’t agree with that. I frequent the Mac forum daily on another site and I have yet to hear anyone who has bought a current Mac component say the got a discount. Many have asked for one but no one has received a discount unless they are buying a system and other pieces have been discounted to compensate.
You’re probably referring to AA, which is a great site and Mac resource. In any event, I can tell you that it is possible to buy new Mac from an authorized dealer and get a discount. It’s easiest if you’re buying a whole system, as you note, or even a few items. It’s also helpful to have a trade, where the dealer will factor the discount when he values your trade. But even without those two mechanisms, it is possible to get a cash-and-carry discount on new Mac.

If you know of a dealer that does discount, please let me know as I am looking for a few Mac items.
As I stated previously, in my experience those discounts go the dealer’s best customers. I think it’s unlikely that they are going to offer you a discount the moment you call them or walk in the door for the first time. It’s all about having a relationship with the dealer.
I deal exclusively with AC and am very satisfied. I can’t say enough great things about them.
I have also worked with AC and agree they are excellent, especially for service! The glass faceplate of my MR80 tuner once broke while in transit to them for service, and they handled the insurance claim and repair superbly. And, of course, kudos to Mac for making a new front panel for a component that had been out of production for decades.
You may be right about current line up macs. I would be fine with a demo unit, however, being so new, probably not a lot available. However, you can get discounts of the "online dealer Mac models" (the ones you see in crutchfield, MD, etc) at BB Magnolia.