Aragon 2004

Hey guys. Considering purchasing Aragon 2004 for $250. I don't think this is an MKII model. 100 watts at 8ohm and double at 4. My speakers are rated at 90 DB sensitivity. Is this still a good amp/deal or is there anything better at similar prices. Using BK reference 30 as preamp. 
cygnusx8

I had a brochure for an Aragon amp back in the day. Is this one of the ones with the "V" cutout in the top? Those amps looked pretty awesome.

I guess being as old as it is, you should check it out to make sure both channels are fully operational and that transformer hum hasn't gotten out of hand. In my town we do not have a hifi repair that can install new parts but I would think if you had local access to a person like this - this amp could represent a good value at this price.

V shape. That's the one. Guy has 2 for sale so I'll see which one is in better condition and listen to them both. My current parasound zamp is not cutting it for von Schweikert bookshelf speakers. It's only 45 watts @ 8 ohm. 
At one time years ago, I had an Aragon 3002 amp, which was 300 Wpc into 8 ohms. It was a very good sounding amplifier.
A well built reliable amp with lots of current for $250.00?  Get it.  As mentioned, if you audition and don't like and it is fully functional and cosmetically acceptable, then flip it for same $$$ or a bit more.  I have enjoyed the lesser of the Mondial amps, Acurus, for over 12 years and they have been bullet proof reliable and and solid performers.

Bill