Brumeister 061 performance

I know an audio shop boss, he has one Brumester 061 cd player which is an used one. He wants to sell at US$8000 which is a bit high when compare with international price. How about the performance of the player which also has DA for out source input.
Also, is the price match the sound?
faust168
Dear Studio
Tks for your reply.  High end gear usually cost much even it's mid level gear.  The important thing is the match issue.  The boss is an experienced Audiophile who is good at selling top end gear to the enterprise owners or Dr. I always visit his shop and listen to what's his new settings. He said the sound of Brumeister sound is clear, transparency, details, would be capable of making a good combination with my power Amplifier. The Accuphase A47. A type with warm and not so fast response. Both combo would have synergy in sound reproduction.  Also, he promises to lend the grar for me to do home listen for comparison. The only problem now is the $.  I find the one 2nd on international markets costs only US$6000  which is 2000 cheaper. The only difference is the one from the shop is sell through formal distbuter, you will be able to find the fix place once needed.
Friend

To your point,  as long as you have all the relevant information and have calculated the pros and cons - the only thing to do is make the purchase and enjoy.  

The research I conducted  confirmed that the Burmester 061 contains the CD Pro 2 transport - which is still available; and the unit can be used as a DAC - which is a positive as well.

So, if you are really set on Burmester and have done your homework - purchase and enjoy.  

I had had a chance to get the Levinson 31.5 Transport but decided not to based on the likelihood of the laser mechanism needing replacement.  

Please post your impressions once you make the purchase.

Dear Studio,

Tks for your reply on the subject in which the products are rare to be comment in the web or SNS. Maybe the high price is the issue. Eventually, unless you have sensitive ears and love music a lot with budget to spend, or the Brumester won’t be in the list.

As I mentioned that I am familiar with the boss of the audio shop, generally he always demo the top end of the Brumester in the shop except the speaker. He told me that he is the most capable Brumester dealer in Taipei for his sales capability.

The system in the shop is 077 pre and the 001 CD player and the speaker is B & W 802 D2, when the they warm up, the sound produced very like analogue tastes. The boss is good in sound tuning. He can persuade his former customers to upgrade their former audio gear to a more high end one. Of course, the customers must be able to afford for even the trade in gear are quite high to salary man’s wallet.

If the 061 CD hasn’t been sold after a 1~2 months, I might have opportunity to ask a

Test listening with my system, if it sound right with my combo, I will have interest to buy one and write my listening experience for sharing. Tks. For your patience.

Faust    

Dear @faust168 it is B u r mester not Brumester, forgive me for pointing this out. Eish!
Dieter Burmester was a perfectionist about  his Audio Produkts and all show what I mean here.
I'm using his 961 speakers bought in 1996 in Munich at the time. 
BTW, the good man died of a heart attack in mid 2015 but his works continue in Berlin.
His products are most highly regarded in German Audiophile circles.
What has all this to do with your post?
I say, if I could lay MY hands on any of his products for a price I could afford (negotiate of course) I totally would go for it.
His electronics (and speakers) are absolute classics, and some are even on display at the NY museum for technology. 
What more can I say, really exceptional products, particularly those from his living aera...
Michélle 
If may add few comments, as I have had 061 player, as well as 001.
In fact, I had 001 twice and after owning Dcs Puccini with clock, if I could I would buy Burmester 001 for a third time.
As for your question...
I live in Europe and here its possible to buy Burmester gear for more reasonable price.
In that regard, the 061 is certainly a nice player, but imho you could find better ones for 8t usd, in Usa
The 001 is much better player, even more when its used with 011 preamp (had it too)
The service itself should not be a problem, because the Burmester has spare parts and the sevice could be done, like with Arc, for a price, of course.
Also, much depends on the rest of your sytem, so I cant comment how it would sound, but if you are considering to use it as dac (it has usb port) than I woud suggest you even stronger that you search for other solutions