TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66
Djones, really not.
An moment I do not have a 100Mb switch to use. I connected directly my laptop to NT-505 via a 100Mb usb LAN adapter. Assigned to my pc the DHCP server role I have however no reaction by Teac. Replacing the NT-505 with another PC, all works fine!!! Why? 
I waiting for a new NT-505 that I'll connect to a device like this:
https://www.tp-link.com/uk/home-networking/3g-usb-adapter/tl-wr902ac/

After that, in case of no result, I believe changing this scrap with other brand streamer.

Hi Silvio/All,
FYI. I did try connecting my DAC via a dumb 10/100 switch, and even though its behavior, and I was very excited about it yesterday was quite stable. I did few restarts, with the power button, remote control, so in a nut shell was doing just great, however, this morning I was unpleasantly surprised when it couldn’t connect yet AGAIN.

I decided to move it to a completely different switch (10/100/1000megs) using a new cable, and the damn thing decided to work again, even with tons of restarts. I have no clue what to make out of this, but really hope TEAC support will give us some useful recommendations how to overcome these problems, and/or expectations when they can fix it, if it’s a device problem, which seems to me its the case here.
I totally agree it’s a quite expensive device and as such we shouldn’t be having these kind of problem with it.
I will keep you guys updated how my TEAC support convo is going next week.

Regards and be safe!
Thank you so much Kosta for your valuable feedback. 
Switches? Cables? Hysterical working?
This is an hard challenge because i believe Ether interface platform (physical & logical) has to be redesigned completely.

Keep me informed about TEAC support.

MBR & Stay at home!!

Oh boy, I will receive mine tomorrow and I am hoping not to have the issues a few of you have been dealing with. Has anyone heard from Teac support?
Quick update: Off the phone with Teac US support, and the consensus was it’s a defective unit. Opened a case for replacement and will keep you guys informed with the progress once I get the new unit.

Found a buddy of mine that purchased his from an European store in Germany, and his works as a charm every time.

On a related note... I was able to get a consistent result with the unit been able to get an IP within 15 secs of switching it over to Network mode, or just turning off/on in Network mode of waiting for been up (warm up) for 5 minutes. In my case it seems something is definitively wrong with it’s network module or power supply, OR who cares what as long as I get a working unit at the end of the day.
Silvio, have you tried having yours up for about 5 minutes to warm up before trying to connect/switch it over to Network mode? May be worth trying to see if that’s consistent with my experience?

Be safe!!!