Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
Can Future Days. It’s a trip to Germany but not on a plane.
Spirit Adventures of Captain Kopter. "Nice" rock
Trio Da Da Da.  Pulsing repetitiveness but you won't turn it off after you are bobbing your head and upper torso
Sadistic Mika Band....(Japan)....long ago, and far away....

What's old is new(ish), yet again.....

(Oh...hi, mapman....*G*)
Perigeo - Valley of the Temples and Genealogia

70’s Italian prog jazz, american guitarist, RCA label
Sadistic Mika Band sucks bigtime.

I would not call it prog either.

Perigeo - wotever - is not a good example of Italian fusion.
Sure, its the best-known Ital fusion band - with many a lp released - but they are lame, American-sounding, slick fusion. Think shitty Weather Report. Or Casiopea/Spyro Gyra mould .

I have only one Perigeo lp in my collectro.( I think "Genealogia")
From Canada, Sammmmy has ELECTRONIC ORCHESTRA ’80 and MYHAEL DANNA "ELEMENTS" .
These are very rare lps put out on an Oakville,Ontario label (Frederic ...). The Co. was more known for putting out music scores.

"Elements" is rather important since Danna ( now living in, I believe, California) has become likely the premier Canadian soundtrack composer (big bucks man). He started off doing pretty well all the Atom Agoyian films. An early US film which he scored was that Amish thing with Harrison Ford where the music is very sparse, open-country; new-agish.

"Elements" however is different . It’s  his first lp -an instrumental keysprog.

Electronic Orchestra has him conducting and one of the synth players was my friend Roger Humphreys ,who put out the Beyond the Gates of Slumber cd in the late 90s which sounds of Renbourn/Pentangle.

In ,as early as ’79 Roger and his group Vertigo were covering "Supper’s Ready". I have a great tape of Vertigo doing their own compositions - VERY "Trespass"-period Genesis.

Electronic Orchestra is nothing to write home about -just very classical-sounding synth renditions of classical music biggies.

the other rare one is the CLEMENTS AND DANNA lp, which I do not have and , last I heard, neither does Clements.

Funny how fate casts the dice: one guy lost to obscurity , the other becomes famous.