Old school vs new school audio???

Need help. Got into the audio world in the mid 80's while stationed in Germany, US Air Force.  Brought home some great audio equipment for what I could afford at the time.  Trying to get back into it, but things just don't sound the same.  Lack of fidelity.  Have 2 x NAD 2200's I mono bridge.  Upgraded my Yamaha preamp to a McIntosh 6700 receiver thanks to my dad.  Have very nice Paradigm speakers.  Klipsch horns are on my bucket list.  Use audio quest cables.  Maybe I have lost my hearing, but I don't really believe that's the case.  Any input or guidance for me.  Thanks.

128x128fidelityl
Bridged amps usually don’t sound as good as a mono blocks.  Why not use the McIntosh receiver as it was intended, as an amp, preamp and tuner?  I would start there.  
Try some Wireworld or any wire made with OCC copper. My choice for 20 years. Stereo5 right about bridged amps. Make sure you have enough power (until your Klipsch gets there!).
HI OP and thank you for your service.

I'm curious if you are missing that vinyl sound??

What were you listening to in the 1980's ? That will give me a reference point.

Probably my naivety.  The NAD 2200's have a bridge switch that makes them monophonic.  Dedicated amp to left and right channel which creates a more natural bass response.   Is that not the same as a mono block?  Current connections are NAD's to my Mac 6700 to input 2 powering my Paradigm 11se mk3's using audioquest type four cables. The Mac powers my Paradigm Studio Series 100 v.5 off input one.  Using Sony DVP-S7700 for my source.  Sorry old school.

Trust me, I am sure when I pull the plug on the Horns w the Mac it will solve a lot of my issues.  Just hope the Horns sound as good as they did back in the 80's with all their improvements over the years.