OMG, just removed my speaker grills and the sound just opened up to a new level!

My recently purchased Focal Maestro Utopia speakers look so good with their black front baffle and side and back Camara white, I couldn’t even think about removing the grills to hear what they sound like with them off. With nobody around to voice their displeasure to seeing those drivers I boldly went were no man, or in this case myself, said he would never go and removed the grills. Hello, said the speakers
this is what I really sound like. I might not be as pretty, but love me for what really counts, how I sound,
not how I look. I have to say I love them even more and they’re not looking too bad either! 
hiendmmoe
I prefer the sound with the grills on my Sophias, I listen in a somewhat near field setup in an acoustically untreated room so this probably has a lot to do with that. Enjoy the music
Well, I don't know about "new level" but the effects of grills on output are readily measured.  Not just damping, but causing excess refraction, and making what would otherwise be very smooth output ragged, something I'm pretty sensitive to.

@Ozzy Highly encourage you to try felt around those tweets. :) You can buy PSA felt and cut holes with a hobby felt stamper.

Best,

E
Since the mid 1980s all my speakers (many) have been DIY.  Ev en though I have a supply of good grill cloth stored in my work shop I have never even considered putting grills over drivers.  My current favorites, tri-amplified fully horn loaded DSP controlled three ways have no need for grills.
@kenjit 
you can advice to remove the drivers., and put it back later

HUGE Difference  IMHO
Welcome to Audiogon, where its April Fool's all day, every day, 24/7/365. 

Trying to come up with an April Fool's joke here is like trying to parody a liberal. Just give up. Can't be done. Don't even try. And even if you do, no one will get it anyway.