Streaming Music through my home stereo

Ok, researching this streaming music thing is giving me a headache. I really know nothing about it. Right now I have my iPad connected to my Rogue Pharaoh integrated amp via a Y jack streaming Apple Music. It works, but I'm sure there's something better.
I've been a fan of Apple Music so I hate to change, but I keep hearing about Bluesound Node 2i. Is this piece compatible with Apple Music and if not what is? Is there something out there that I can control with my iPhone?

Thanks for the help...
giglr
The most important thing by far with streaming is just to get the stream going. Anything beyond that is icing on the cake. You guys will understand when you get a little older. 

I don't know if you will ever be able to control it from your iPhone. But if you can get it to play a waterfall track that will probably help.
BluOS would certainly be a good choice for most music services but since Apple doesn't yet provide an API that would allow access by Blu it isn't an answer for someone who wants to use Apple Music. There are definitely other excellent choices of music services.
Why would you even want to use apple music? Isn't all their content compressed? I know it used to be.

Yes, Apple Music is compressed, just like Spotify and Pandora. The advantage of any of those services is lower cost and sometimes greater convenience compared to higher fidelity options, considerations of the different music catalogs aside.