Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
Fireballet...now that’s one I wish I still had. Gotta look for that on Spotify.

Still have all the VDGG, Nektar, and various others.

Been picking up on Dream Theater somewhat in recent years.

Spocks Beard does a nice and interesting cover of George Harrison’s "Beware of Darkness" along the lines of the early Yes cover of "America".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCbiiIbVsw

Post removed 
dillinger - don't lie to the band

'76 Toronto rock/prog.Their second effort.
 Some similarity on guitar to fellow Daffodil labelmates, Foot In Cold Water. Sammmmmy noted the flute on one track sounds exactly like that on the first Hunt lp. Since Hunt were also on Daffodil ,it had to be no coincidence. Indeed, I later learned, half the band became The Hunt. Where it differs from FICW or The Hunt, is that its more organ- orientated. (Also there is mellotron, harpsichord.)
 Side one is marred by a ballad. The cover of The Beatles' "Taxman" is nothing to write home about but the cover of Spooky Tooth's "Munchkin Men" (from "The Mirror") is quite adequate. The slow start is salvaged by the second side of the lp which is solid with 3 longish tracks - one of which, what with the vocal harmonies and organ, reminds of the band Gypsy.I had this lp in the 80's and, despite the striking silver and black foc art, traded it off. Heard it again now and then, and wasn't too impressed. Now, on revisit,I've come to the decision its a keeper.Either I'm  mellowing or certain lps take a while to appreciate. Late growers and all that. Persevere and you might grow to enjoy it, but then again you just might prove yourself correct in your origional valuation.

Post removed 
It would be a stretch to consider a Japanese band "Canterbury" but I read there is similarities to Soft Machine.