Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
COGWHEEL - SIGHTSOUND

Guitarist Paul Vincent Gunia of Missus Beastley,Subject ESQ,Niagara, Motherhood and Hallelujah.
Great foc art hinting at Middle East-sound. So...i had high hopes for this.

Big letdown though.
 No Middle East -sound.
 Pedestrian compositions.
Maybe think Sky or Blonker -no, not Blonker.Wouldn't wish Blonker on anyone.

'78 private press (Hastings). This lp was never commercially released, but was put out as a promotional vehicle for a glasses company called Optyl. (One of the three figures on the front cover is sporting glasses suspended off the edge of his hat!)
 First track is promising with backwards drum and what sounds like mellotron. Sort of Harmonia-ish.

Some strings on the lp. Dual electric guitars. Acoustic. Flute. Keys. Dismal, robotic drumming. 10 short and simple tracks.

BIB SET - IT WASN'T MEANT TO HAPPEN

Where have you been all of my life??
 This has just been propelled to the top of my wantlist.
Good luck in snagging a copy though - its one of the three rarest Swedish 70s prog lps .

Sounds like Hansson & Karlsson (only the drummer is more interesting than Karlsson.)
 '69 lp by a trio.
 The name comes from one of the members: Bjorn Ingvar Bjornsson.

Mainly lazy vocals are in good English.
 Insane drumming spills over churning, wailing organ mayhem.
You can hear this music is coming out of R'n'Bs. The organist does those jerky organ jabbing moves like Bo, or Spencer Davis Group.
Just a touch of guitar -not much.
 Invigorating. Indispensible.
 Why lick  a toad's back when you can get instant high off this?

Post removed 
Fireballet...now that’s one I wish I still had. Gotta look for that on Spotify.

Still have all the VDGG, Nektar, and various others.

Been picking up on Dream Theater somewhat in recent years.

Spocks Beard does a nice and interesting cover of George Harrison’s "Beware of Darkness" along the lines of the early Yes cover of "America".

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5cCbiiIbVsw

Post removed