What Class D amps will drive a 2 ohm load

Just asking.

I see specs into 4 ohms but nothing into difficult speaker loads (like Thiel CS5's).

Thanks for listening, 

Dsper

dsper

I thought it was clear that I am a manufacturer.  My apology to the OP if that was not clear. I am not sure why I am not listed as a manufacturer as Audiogon knows that I am a manufacturer as I have registered as a manufacturer. 

Henry
Owned a D class amp, there is a difference.
attack, clarity, headroom, 

but u r right different strokes.
Like I said so many times now, a "stable" amp into 2ohm load means it won’t oscillate blow up and take out speaker drivers, but it does not mean it can drive the loads we are talking about here.

Ok 550 watts not oscillating, won't drive a speaker correctly? Wow, never heard of such a thing. 550 watts at 2 ohms is 550 watts at 2 ohms. It gives a time it will hold that 550 watts too. Mac says STABLE, it mean stable and ABLE.. Not just able for a second or two. You keep saying what you mean, NOT what the manufacture mean. Stable is stable..
I'm sure some of the claims of amp manufactures is bogus, but the class D Hypex and ICE amp specs have withstood the test of time for many many years now. not a lot of problems.

Thiel

dontnwaste time w D

get class A/AB for best sound

w D 40?

I can figure it out, proof your stuff mate.

Thiel is not a problem, they will sound wonderful, NC400, 500, or 1200
all will drive them..The two latter have buffer board options..

Class Ds with Sparkos or SI are class a opamps, LEARN, before you speak..That type of stuff just isn't talked about. CLASS A. That is the reason the upgraded buffer boards make such a difference in Class Ds, Upgraded voltage regulators and class a opamps, night and day.

All the class Ds I use will drive the loads correctly..Simple. They all require GREAT VAC to get there. Hypex an ICE both require a good source of VAC, via the spec sheet. They both give specs at 100, 110 120 volt. As I said. The supply is the key to any heavy load. VERY tight connection and 120 VDC, class Ds will hold their own with any of the big names, at many times the cost. I own Pass, ML, and Krell currently. For SS I'll take the Nords, Pass is as good if not better, but they cost.... 3 times and will never run as COOL...Sure like the sound, though, in the winter, krells will heat the whole house, and  very expensive to work on.

Regards 

Ok 550 watts not oscillating, won’t drive a speaker correctly?

Correct, just like this $429 3000W class-D will sound s**t when compared to an amp like a Gryphon 120 or300, JC Halo, etc etc👍
https://djcity.com.au/product/behringer-nx3000-power-amp-with-smart-sense/?gclid=EAIaIQobChMI1vur5u3D6AIVzhwrCh3o3gxKEAkYASABEgIWkvD_BwE
If they did, we’d all be listening with this amp for $429. And hi-end amps wouldn't exist😉
Tell you what, you suggest an amp at 1000.00 USD New.  It has to have just half the specs of the hypex or ice modules. 1000.00 USD New?
Class A, AB, anything that sound as good, stays cool, low cost  to run, quiet, and 1/2 the wpc, heck a 1/3, a 1/4.  Now let's add, able to change the sonic signature, in 15 min, all over the map.. Now lets add can carry 2000 watts under each arm..

Everything I read, where you point to someone's quote, the article are single quotes, from a single source, and a single opinion,  or 1989 speaker adds about how they still make it.. SO!!!

So they still make a poorly designed XO, heck I can do that.. Really I can screw up, make a mess, and say it's still a great product. Even if it's NOT...

Is there a reason?  I think you got a house FULL of class Ds, are you a class D junkie on the down low.. Joined the A/AB club and it's blood in and blood out? 1% amp gang or something..

Class A-Z amps are the bomb
What happened to Ds I like double Ds, a pair.
WHY AREN'T Class D amps the bomb?

Well they are, so there...

Regards