I will stick with the Kallax idea.
Actually Walmart do a copy of the Kallax about $7 cheaper per unit.
Looks near identical to my eyes.
However mine are all Ikea Kallax units......
I have been working on a straight grained douglas fir record rack like the LP Bin in the article except with an extra bottom shelf.
Just got to do the dado cuts.  My house, built in 1900, has Doug fir mouldings.
what ever you pick make sure it can grow as your record collection grows and the capacity of most units is about 1/3 less 
PratherMade out of Ohio does a great cabinet- you can see photo of Cherry and galvanized rod in my virtual system photo.

also some fine wood workers here on Audiogon- I can highly recommend George who goes by george53 here. He made the outstanding precise Ambrosia Maple faceplate for my Herro phono preamp - he is a joy to work with and very reasonable- get what you want !

best to all

@george53

jim
I already own the Can-Am for my Cd/dvd collection and find them to be very well made. I would love to buy the cabinets for the LPs as well but it is a big investment. But on my radar as my collection grows I do have wood boxes I bought used and still have some expansion room, but really would like to return to the “flipping” through the face of the jackets rather than spine reading.