Is it all worth it?

Do you ever get the feeling when you start to question whether playing records is really worth it all?
You know with everything involved with great record playback.
The setup, the cleaning regime, the $1000 plus cartridges that start their finite lifespan as soon as stylus first touches vinyl and spirals into less and less value with every play.
All the tweaks involved, cables, mats, isolation etc.
Then the media itself with it's inevitable disapointments.

Don't you just like to push a couple buttons on your phone app and be listening to great sound with a worldwide catalogue at your fingertips.

Or is it that when all of it lines up and the sounds are just sublime, then yes you sit back with a wry smile and say...

Yep, it's all worth it!
128x128uberwaltz
I decided records weren't worth it in 1984.  I may have bought one LP since then.  No regrets!
I find I stream Tidal through my system primarily to search out and listen to new music .

After auditions via streaming I then decide whether or not to buy a vinyl release. Occasionally buy a cd if the music is not on vinyl. I always try to buy music I like as a small effort to support musicians
I love the sound of a record, as well as the experience of cleaning, flipping, listening to the whole thing, and collecting. I like to find that treasure, bring it home, listen to it, catalog it, and find out I already had it. Dag nab it!  luckily, my local record shop accepts returns when this happens.

But, also I consider the walk from the chair to the TT to flip the record part of my exercise regimen. Am I the only one?
@geoffkaitt The Townsend Seismic Sink is NOT an historical notable for a museum. It is among the most impressive anti-vibration devices I’ve tried. Sure, you probably think all of my Stillpoints and use of a buckwheat pillow for two pieces of equipment are also antiquated. You don’t even listen to speakers so how do you know so much about air-borne vibration control (let alone equipment induced vibration-you don’t listen to records either)? My shot&sand filled solid steel stands are probably antiquated also. You’re such a know-it-all.
But, also I consider the walk from the chair to the TT to flip the record part of my exercise regimen. Am I the only one?
Sure do.... Unless I fall asleep and then awaken to the sounds of a stylus butting its head at the end of the run out groove.......

Now where was that Little Fwend again...