Different Tubes and general purpose?

I’m trying to get a better midrange push or clarity out of my Line Magnetic 501ia tube amp.   Can someone help me understand what the specific function each type of tube performs in a power amp?  

I would like to upgrade several or all of my “stock” tubes but would like to understand where to start to beat enhance each aspect of the sound spectrum.   On my 501ia i have 4x KT120 and i believe those are power tubes, but please help clarify if wrong.  There are 2x 6SN7EH 1x 12AU7 and 2x 12AX7 (but the AU7 and AX7 look interchangeable to me).   As i look to upgrade where to i look to start, and why?  
Thanks in advance for help. 
gunners01
You have very low hours on your amp. To increase the burnin process you can leave the amp powered up while you are home. Never leave a tube amp unattended.
You only need to have the amp turned on, no components, no music, but the amp must be connected to the speakers.

My amps can take many different output tubes....  that said , it sounds completely different based on the output tube.   The input tube also changes the character of the amps.    It was voiced using EL34 and even the different brands have their own sonic signature ...    currently using JJ EL34 and it is the best sounding of its type I've used.

I run all Aesthetix Eclipse gear: Atlas monos, Janus pre and Romulus DAC/transport. Fully upgraded LP12 with Lyra Kleos (please don't bash the Linn) and Raidho TD2.2's.   My system is pretty much where I want to be.  I rolled tubes in my Aestheix gear for about 18 months before I got what I wanted.  Major impact will come from the transformers and caps (mention above). I noticed this when I upgraded my DAC to the eclipse model.   

The more resolving your system, (obviously) the more dramatic the effect of different tubes. My experience (guided by the fine people at Aesthetix - Jim and Glenn) was the biggest jump in SQ was in the phono preamp. V1 will have the most impact. I tried PSvane, Treasure, Gold Lions, Tele NOS, and finally found it in Amperex ultra low noise12AX7.  Moved the Tele's to V2 and V3 and changed from (6DJ8)6922s to 7308s. For me it was all about low noise floor - which opens up every other sound spectrum IMO.

Changed to Tele 12AX7 NOS and Mullard 7308s in my DAC/CD - which for me really gave it the analog sound I wanted. Based on my experience. I prefer NOS versus new tubes. 

Takeaway:  get everything else where you want it to be first. including your room acoustics!  Identify what you want to improve and check out what Brent Jesse has to offer.  His descriptions are good and will help you identify a possible solution at a given price point. Be careful, with NOS tubes, there are a lot of imposters out there. 

Make it fun.  Enjoy the process.  Good luck