Subwoofers driving me nuts

I have an issue I have been trying to figure out for awhile.  I have not seen much discussion on this one.

I have a closed rectangular room,  13' x 21'.  I have a stereo pair of Rel T/9i.   It's a model that's designed to depend on corner-loading, as are many Rel models.  Rel says if the woofers are powerful enough for the room, they can be moved closer to the mains.  Tried that, no good.  I have them in the corners now. But I have moved them around a lot.

Here's the problem I have.  I have low, powerful bass down the entire length of both of my side walls, but...

In the middle of the room -- there's just no low end at all.  I moved my chair fore and aft with no result.  I even crawled the mid-line of the room.  

Help?

mac742
Post removed 
Since the swarm-is-the-rage, I'm wondering how this config would sound: A 15-18 sub (single) in the middle, two 12s (left and right), and two 8-10s (further left and right). Another reason to play the lottery!

In my 28 year listening experience, I've never used more than one sub. I'm currently using a 20 year-old B&W ASW650 (lit says 12 inch but more 10-11 inch) in my smaller room (12 X 13). Listened to Joni Mitchell's intro to "Cotton Avenue" recently and Jaco's bass was "all there" which is good enough for me. 

Good luck with you project! 
Miller, thanks for the idea.  I've been struggling to get my two subs correct and I moved one  down the side wall almost to my position, adjusted the delay and when I adjusted phase on the odd one to 120 degree to account for distance it just clicked. They vanished and I can not locate them. I would have never thought of placing them in an unrelated position.  Much obliged....