Clarity Cable Review

I have to tell you that Clarity Cable is a diamond in the rough. It's a little known audio cable company but it gave me big performance.  It has a smooth extended treble with a open midrange and bass that has a nice little kick to it. It gives you great soundstage with and depth with quiet blackgrounds. I'm using the natural series interconnect. I'm using the vortex power cables and the have a four outlet power box with an attached vortex power cable. I'm extremely happy with the sound I'm getting. I have compared it with cables 3 times it's price and it always maintains or exceeds the performance of those cables.. I'm now only going to use these in my system and I will not be changing. It is always good to use as much clarity cable as possible because it works well with its own. I've been in the hobby on a crash course of trying gear, speakers and cables. I have now found my way through the maze. Thanks to Affirm Audio and Chris and Melissa Owen at Clarity Cable I'm getting first class cable performance for a 3rd of the price of the big boys! 

calvinj
Doug, 

Do you have a link to your review of the clarity cables? Are they still in use in your system today? If not, what did you replace them with, and would you sell the clarities if you still have them? Thank you.

audioquest4life, I cannot post links here, as it seems to be a violation of the reviewer agreement for participation on this site. I find that interesting, given that it seems manufacturers and distributors have posted links, at least in my recollection. 

In brief, I requested continuing use of the Clarity Cables after the review; that was in 2011. I still use them the most in all systems. I still haven't found any cable that I have returned to as repeatedly as Clarity Cable. I have used them in dozens of reviews and personal systems. I also have used them often introduced into a system with cables that have a niggling problem. They are the single most beneficial cable brand I have used. I do not care if Clarity Cable uses these comments for their promotion, as this is authentically my experience. 

If they did not perform admirably over time they would have been long gone. Even if I have privilege of ongoing use for review purposes, I do not hold on to equipment and cables that I do not care for the sound of, or that have been outdone by other products. In that respect I am distinct from many reviewers who are willing to accept products as their "reference" even though compromised, because they can use them for free. 

Of the dozens of cables I have handled in the many years in this hobby, and reviewing for 13, the Clarity Cables strike my ears as fundamentally correct. That is so for all their wares, power cords, interconnects, speaker cables, and USB cable. I continue to try different cables over time, but the Clarity Cables remain. 

Of course, you should not anticipate that the pricing indicated in the review from 2011 would still be in effect. 

Doug,

Thank you. That’s a testament to the performance of those cables, especially since you seem to gravitate back to them in all of your reviews. BTW, I liked your review of the Pureaudio Project Classic Trio speakers. Excellent write up. 
audioquest4life, thank you for the complement. I put a lot of time into my reviews. I try to make them worthwhile reading in terms of tips for enhancement for the owner. 

My room is a "perform or die" environment. If a product does not hold it's spot in terms of earning its keep, it's gone. 

My latest article is also an OB speaker, the Tri-Art Series B 5 Open, along with other Tri-Art components and cables. FYI, as nice as the Tri-Art cables are for the system cost, I replaced them with the Clarity Cables as an upgrade to the sound. The Tri-Art cables are very suitable to the system, but as with all systems, enhancements can be made. 

The Clarity Cables may be the longest held product I have.