TEAC NT-505 impossible connecting to WiFi router o such LAN: help me please?

Hello mates,
I got my NT-505 3 days ago.
It seems to be working correctly but in my opinion all software in not the same level than the device: too aged & often no relevant documentation or support about.
However my big trouble is the NETWORK interface:  since first time I switched on, the NT-505 remains "for ever"  into NET configuring blinking state until it goes in power stand by.
Summarizing:

1. RJ45 cable is ok - tested in several manners
2. the wifi router (1Gb fiber connection) is ok
3. the wifi router ether ports (4) are ok - I checked a bridged LAN configuration too

Testing the NT-505 Ether port It results:

1. the physical level of protocol seems working correctly just on-way: the interface recognizes correctly the bandwidth (Fast ot Giga in my case) end the packet coming from the router are buffered. No packet sent  to the router.

2. At protocol level no ARP session are involved hence impossible retrieve MAC address and trying to do something.

VERY STUPID ISSUES:

1. Being NET board logically split from MAIN board It's need a separate firmware(!!!): how can I upload the NET firmware if, as stated into documentation, I must use the mobile app and It's impossible connecting the device to such LAN?

2. NO menu interface to configure manually the net parameters.

May someone help me (tricks..., recovery sw,..., low level maintance menu...,...) 

Thank you a lot.

silvio66
I just received one of these as well and have had no network issues whatsoever - it grabbed on right away.

Factory reset probably your best bet then before you do anything with your system move the unit over to a PC and update the software on the unit to 1.22 via the Teac Japan site.  You need a USB to micro USB cable to do this and the NT-505 needs to be directly connected to the computer.

Plug in Ethernet cable, open the Lumin app and you should be in business.

Inital impressions are very good - separation and tone of individual instruments and voices are outstanding, seems to handle MQA files quite well.  Took awhile to get the settings where I wanted them but having the ability to tailor the sound a bit seems to be worthwhile if you have the patience for it.

Hopefully you can get it going in a matter of minutes not hours I'd try rebooting your network as well if resetting and updating doesn't work.
Hello friend,
yes my device is new and performed any kind of firmware upgrade (initially coming with 1.10 rel.)
Just to be clear - from what I understand you can update the NETWORK firmware through the app and over the network but to update the SYSTEM firmware you have to download a file on a home computer, unzip the file and then connect the home computer directly to the NT-505 in order to update the SYSTEM firmware.

I had to pull my NT-505 from my audio rack and connect it directly to my PC in order to update the unit have you done this?
Make sure to use Lumin software app, not the Teac software app for control. Lumin app is more stable and is compatible with the player.

I also haven’t had any trouble with my NT-505. Although I did have trouble initially updating to current firmware version. I was connecting to the USB (the larger one labeled USB) on the back rather than the micro USB (very small, unlabeled, near bottom), but once I figured that out it was good. Sorry can’t tell from your last post whether you have successfully updated to current version or not.

@audiojedi did you mean version 1.21 firmware, or did your really mean 1.22? Isn’t 1.21 the latest?
EDIT:  Nevermind, I see that 1.22 came out now.

OP, sorry for my basic descriptions but you know the NT-505 doesn’t have wifi, correct? It is Ethernet only. No wifi. I think your references to wifi in your post refer to your wireless router, just wanting to make sure you got that which I’m sure you do.
Correct, what audiojedi said. It says it is doing an initial update when you initially get going but that is just the phone app.

To do the firmware upgrade to the NT-505 itself you need to use a PC (not mac) and use a physical cable to connect to the little micro USB port on the back at bottom just above the word "Digital" (which is confusing because the "Digital In" label refers to the optical input, not the micro USB, which isn’t labeled).