Getting it on with Prog

Looks like there has not been a STEADY progressive rock thread here since 2006.

If you refrain from trolling me, I'm up for posting mini (one or two sentence) "reviews" of lps likely some of you are not aware of.

You're welcome to add your own reviews, with one stipulation:
I realize this is an audio forum ,so please refrain from the obvious which has been done to death  (like Genesis,Yes,Focus...)

And I don't want to hear no bloody  Porcupine Tree , Mars Volta,Dream Theater ,Tool, or bleeding Steven Wilson.
sammmmmmy
FROB-SAME '71  all-instrumental heavy guitar/organ tour-de-force with exploito feel to it,sort like Blue Phantom. Also  reminds of Deep Purple, Frumpy and Ache

EXIL. This reminds me of the Swiss(?) group EXIT-SAME. A super lp with real "German" sound on the English vocals. Although the vocalist is not near as bad as on Tyburn Tall, some might find him too quirky/emotive/amateurish. (But I LOVE that style of vocalist.) The lp starts off with about 20 seconds of guitar taken just about straight from Who's Pinball Wizard"! Great synth sound on this lp too. ...

TRITONUS   two lps in the ELP-school (also from Germany like: Triloy, Triumvirat, Rejoice, Sixty-Nine, Tetragon/Trikolon, Amos Key)
Not too origional  but good nonetheless.

get down boy!

POHJANTAHTI - SAME  (Finland)

Your at once thrown into some North Eurasian shamanistic mindfeck, beating your great keure elk-skin drum, yelping chants, singing runes,casting incantations up onto the Aurora Borealised Lapp tundra.

6 members - bassist and psychedelic guitar from Piirpauke, churchy organ (doesnt come in till halfway into lp), piano, percussion, sax, clarinet, Irish harp , what sounds very much like trad Finn kantele, you even get a short bit of kazoo played as if it were trumpet!

its a '86 release -although it sounds very seventies.

This lp is balls to the ground all the way,at the flip of a coin turning from somber almost Accadian folk music to wild, irreverent psych (where they are obviously enjoying themselves).
 Just what is this? Wyrd psychfolk? World music?-but from some ancient level, music totally desensitized to trhe modern age.

Think Atman, or the weird imp-ish vocal histrionics of that Latvian (Estonian?) group that starts with the letter "I".(yeah, you have no idea cos your an audiofool.) 

Parts of this have yours truely  feeling like he is drugged and sleepily, slowly falling down some demon-faced shaft -or have I been playing too much Tomb Raider game on the PC of late?

Get savage. Get pagan. You NEED to hear this.

Get down boy!

CWT - THE HUNDRED WEIGHT
An aggressive brass section has no place in hardrock? Think again. This '73 lp with its Sabbathy bass riffage and gruff Sen.Alex/Rod Steward vocalist steamrolls over you, lays about your ass like grapeshot/ blackbriarroot-cudgel whomping.

Is Ohrwaschl record label a division of Munich's Kuckuck? (Its on both.) Anyways, UK'ers going heavy Kraut whiteboy Motown funksoul heavy.

Produced by Andrew Loog Oldham.

They deem it heavyprog, but  I dont see much prog here -maybe on the track or two where the flute is present instead of the driving horns. Not sure if you can even call this proto.
 Dont know -mebbe think Heaven (the UK group, not US), Colosseum...

Anyone for Minnesota, Fresh start, White Chocolate?

GET DOWN BOY!
GOBLIN - BACK TO THE GOBLIN  (2005)
Afraid not.

Not back to the prog of "Baga..", nor the fusion jabs of "Suspira". And if we have the hardrock of "Roller", its a mellowed hard muted with programmed melody.
 In a word or two: utterly predictable composition. When it comes to this cd, you CANNOT say that it takes repeated resolve to get your ears around it. Sure ,it sounds okay first listen, but you just know that when you can see the next note coming throughout the cd, it bodes poorly for longevity. First go will be pleasant, but there's no reasonably drawnout shelflife to this - its bound to be downhill from the first listen. Its basically that tired old school of layering of basic simple short compositions on each other to give the sham of complexity.
 Start dissecting and this falls apart quickly.
 The worse culprit here is track number 5. Wallace deems Yanni would be content with playing this. Think composition along the lines of Tangerine Dream "Melrose" or "Rockoon".
  Oh yeah -return of the rather noxious "pig-squeal" guitar.  How come you didnt really notice that tone of guitar in the 70s prog - or did you? (Oldfield for one had a bit of it in him.) Is it because the old pig-squeal sounds ridiculous when put alongside truely psychedelic, unhinged playing?