I Need Some Opinions...

I have a modest turntable setup consisting of a Pro-Ject RM 5.1SE with the stock 9cc carbon arm. I use it through a Project Phono Box II SE and use a Pro-Ject Speed Box II SE. The preamp is connected to my Krell 400xi integrated driving Hales Revelation 3 speakers. I am still using the Sumiko Blue Point No.2 which came with the table.

My thought is I could likely improve the performance of this setup by changing cartridges; looking for more detail I THINK a LOMC might be a good idea. Is this a correct thought?

I am considering a Goldring Eroica LX for this setup. Any ideas if this will get me what I’m after? 

Would I be able to reap more benefits from a much better (i.e. more expensive) LOMC or would my current system make such a purchase meaningless?

Thanks for any input.
128x128dmac67
I had the same table.  I noticed a big improvement in the SQ by replacing the Blue Point with a Dynavector 10x5.  I'm not saying you need that cart, but just answering your question that you will see improvement in that table with a better cartridge.  I think it would be good up to about $1k.

But, I'll also say that I don't have that table any longer.   I have a vintage JVC VL8 from the early 70s that my dad bought brand new in 73.  I compared the two tables next to each other, same system, same cartridge, after setting up both tables for the cart.  The JVC easily bested the ProJect.  I really wanted the ProJect to be better, but it wasn't so.  The JVC had better bass, richer fuller sound, and quieter.  I was surprised, but soon sold that ProJect, and now use the JVC for several years.

It's all about what you want to achieve.  I'm sure you'll find the right path.  My path was improve the table, step up to AT ART9, and then improve the Phono Preamp to Manley Chinook.  I did that over a few years, and found it to be a good path.  

Good luck!
You wrote, “I need some opinions.”
You obviously came to the right place.
I use both the Hanna EL and the Denon DL-301MKII.  Both perform well above their cost and are highly recommended by many in the community.
After contemplating all the advice I received, I decided my best plan would be to upgrade my phono preamp.

I was able to get an Allnic H-1200 for a very fair price in excellent condition. I placed it in my system this morning and listened to 3 sides of vinyl I know quite well. The preamp has transformed my record playback to a level I didn’t think my table and cartridge were capable of reaching.

Thanks to all who gave me input and directed my thinking. It produced an amazing change for me.