I Need Some Opinions...

I have a modest turntable setup consisting of a Pro-Ject RM 5.1SE with the stock 9cc carbon arm. I use it through a Project Phono Box II SE and use a Pro-Ject Speed Box II SE. The preamp is connected to my Krell 400xi integrated driving Hales Revelation 3 speakers. I am still using the Sumiko Blue Point No.2 which came with the table.

My thought is I could likely improve the performance of this setup by changing cartridges; looking for more detail I THINK a LOMC might be a good idea. Is this a correct thought?

I am considering a Goldring Eroica LX for this setup. Any ideas if this will get me what I’m after? 

Would I be able to reap more benefits from a much better (i.e. more expensive) LOMC or would my current system make such a purchase meaningless?

Thanks for any input.
128x128dmac67
The whole cartridge setup is about connecting 4 wires and tightening 2 screws (better to do with MM/MI when stylus is removed), then you add the stylus and move/twist the cartridge in the headshell slots by loosing the screws, the stylus must be on the mark given by tonearm manufacturer on template. The cantilever must be in line with marks on template. Tracking force according to cartridge manufacturing recommendation, same position for antiskating. Tonearm parallel to the record then the needle is on the vinyl. That’s it. Very easy!

Manufacturers like Technics supply overhang gauge and all you have to to is to insert headshell into the gauge and alight the cartridge, there is a mark for stylus position. It is super easy!

Dr.Feickert designed universal protracktor for whatever tonearm and whatever turntable, if you have it you can align any cartridge in any tonearm on any turntable and it will be spot on. All you need is to choose Baerwald, Lofrgen or Stevenson aligned method prodived by Feickert on his protractor. Manual.

Another vote for the Hana cartridge here. I have the the Hana EH and it blew away the ortofon 2m blue I had before.
delos is an overkill for any project table
Utter nonsense.  Their Signature line and the better RPMs and Xtensions are excellent turntables which will do justice to any cartridge.  Especially when fitted with better arms than the originals.
I had the same table.  I noticed a big improvement in the SQ by replacing the Blue Point with a Dynavector 10x5.  I'm not saying you need that cart, but just answering your question that you will see improvement in that table with a better cartridge.  I think it would be good up to about $1k.

But, I'll also say that I don't have that table any longer.   I have a vintage JVC VL8 from the early 70s that my dad bought brand new in 73.  I compared the two tables next to each other, same system, same cartridge, after setting up both tables for the cart.  The JVC easily bested the ProJect.  I really wanted the ProJect to be better, but it wasn't so.  The JVC had better bass, richer fuller sound, and quieter.  I was surprised, but soon sold that ProJect, and now use the JVC for several years.

It's all about what you want to achieve.  I'm sure you'll find the right path.  My path was improve the table, step up to AT ART9, and then improve the Phono Preamp to Manley Chinook.  I did that over a few years, and found it to be a good path.  

Good luck!