Class D vs Class AB - Looking for best used budget amplifier for Magnepan MG12

I am in the market for a budget used amp for my Magnepan MG12.

I tried Parasound classic line, model 2125 and currently using Parasound model 275. Both amps can easily drive the maggies up to 90db without any audible distortion.

I am considering a budget class D amp like Crown, Behringer etc. or a class AB amp with MOSFET output stage, like B&K or other options like, Parasound, NAD, Anthem, Sunfire etc.

Price range $300 - $600 for a used unit.

What I’m looking for is an improvement in power, soundstage and detail to get best performance out of the Maggies MG12 compared to current setup with Parasound 2125 or 275.

Amps came into my mind in that price range so far:

B&K ST125.2

Parasound HCA 1500A

Crown Pro XLi1500

Crown XLS2502

Questions:

1- Can Crown modern Class D-Drive Core Technology like Crown Pro XLi1500 or Crown XLS2502 with lot of power sound as good or better than a class AB amp with maggies?

2- Is B&K ST125.2 a good match or better than Crown XLS2502 - Crown Pro XLi1500 for the MG12? Which one does sound better with the Maggies?

Thanks

thxbest
I no longer have maggies, but the EVS 1200 should make them stand at attention ~$2300. I mentioned this somewhere and a couple maggie owners are using newest class D. I tried several older class Ds but none cut the mustard

He does offer a 30 day money back

Would love to hear your comments
If you read the Maggie web page they recommend to against class d amps. High current is the way to go. I drove my 1.7 with a Parasound integrated ànd they sounded amazing (used a cheaper high watt amp previously that just keep failing). From my experience budget amps will get you budget sound.
Old post but I had to jump in here.  The Crown Pro XLi1500 does not sound like a PA amplifier.  There is nothing harsh or hard sounding about this amp.  I've been using one in a basement system with a marantz 1030 as the preamp and it's not bad at all.  We are not talking tubes here, but certainly gives any AB class amp I've owned a run for the money.  Endless clean power and dirt cheap. 
I bought it to use in my garage, then when I heard it I moved it into the house and my Adcom 535 out to the garage.  It has way more authority, and the mids and highs are clean.  Obviously, no snob appeal whatsoever, but good solid clean power.

N.

I would wait for Ralph Karsten's Class D amp to hit the market.
If his new amp is as good as his tube amps, and I expect it to be so, then Class D is going to be moving to new territory.
Bob
Gdnrbob,

I would have to agree.  I also need to correct myself. The Crown XLI 1500 is a class AB amp.  The XLS 1500 is class D.  Clearly I need to up my caffeine intake.

With that said, the Crown XLI 1500 class AB amp is a gift at its price point.  The sound is very good.  But it’s also ugly.  Not that matters much.

N