Is it all worth it?

Do you ever get the feeling when you start to question whether playing records is really worth it all?
You know with everything involved with great record playback.
The setup, the cleaning regime, the $1000 plus cartridges that start their finite lifespan as soon as stylus first touches vinyl and spirals into less and less value with every play.
All the tweaks involved, cables, mats, isolation etc.
Then the media itself with it's inevitable disapointments.

Don't you just like to push a couple buttons on your phone app and be listening to great sound with a worldwide catalogue at your fingertips.

Or is it that when all of it lines up and the sounds are just sublime, then yes you sit back with a wry smile and say...

Yep, it's all worth it!
128x128uberwaltz
$10k spent on a digital front end will yield better sound than $10k spent on an analog bundle that includes a phono preamp, turntable, arm & cartridge.

You'll also have more time to listen to more music ....than spending time to find the lp, remove it from its jacket, make sure there's no dust or static...then play the l.p. that you only like one or two cuts on.  Remove the lp, put it back in its jacket and put the l.p. back in its proper place.

With excellent digital available, analog is more trouble than it's worth.

I still own two turntables and a few thousand lp's...and nope, I'll never get rid of my analog setup.
Ditch the phone and buy a good streamer/server. You won't regret it!
I have an Antipodes and have FLAC ripped all of my CDs into the onboard HDD.
With an iPad as a remote, I use Roon to listen to them (server) and access Tidal via Roon for streaming via the Antipodes and a Denafrips Pontus DAC. Sublime imho.
I retired my Thornes turntable with SME tonarm 4 years ago. Bought a LUMIN D1 5 years ago. Once Tidal added MQA the sound quality was amazing. Just upgraded to the LUMIN T2 - sound is even better. My access to music is amazing - finding new artists all the time. 
Just my 2 cents

Happy Listening
I play mostly vinyl. But after a few (or more) adult beverages, I will switch to a digital source. Of course finding new music through streaming services is an amazing advantage 
all mine were hand washed in the sink, and vacuumed.

the sound fine, some pops, crackles, whatever, its fine, back in the 80's we didn't have all this stuff to clean our records.

i record all the ones  i dont have to CD, and theres some rotation pops, crackles, here and there, i actually LOVE that sound, as the relaxed tone/sound is on the cd when i playback.

it is worth it.

dont worry, just play your records, and clean the best you can, NOT rocket science, let the millionaires, use ultrasonic cleaning with that special 200$ fluid, etc etc.

play your records, and enjoy !

that is all.

happy listening.