Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
A few days ago I recommended Willy to another member that was looking for a part for his Nakamichi deck. Willy went through all four of my decks, and my RX-505 (the only one left) still works like new. When we lived in the Bay Area, it was comforting to know that I could drop my Nakamichi player with Willy and he would work his magic on it, and I could just drop by and pick it up from him. It was a bonus to know that he was a gentleman, and someone you could trust with your expensive toys. 
Wyoboy.
I did not mean any disrespect with my comments and hope it did not sound that way.

I just hoped I had not missed anything in last couple of weeks and Willy had suddenly called it quits!

Glad to see he has not as my 660zx is next up for surgery!
I was a Nakamichi dealer from the middle 70's until they imploded and can attest to Willy's statement(s).

IMHO, nothing was made or sounded as good as a properly working Nak!  There were a few that came close (some Tandberg, Revox, Akai, Tascam/Teac), but a Nak is a Nak...
No offense taken uber

I'm glad you made the comments as i was bummed when i read the post saying he had retired--and thrilled that he hasn't, although he told me he's got a 10 month backlog so if your 660zx needs work you better get in line now!