Parasound T3 tuner won't turn on

Recently bought a used Parasound T3 tuner and A23  amp together, then bought the P3 preamp on ebay.  Got it all hooked up but the tuner wont turn on.  The on-off button is backlit, but the "P" logo does not light up, nor does the display.  Tried plugging/unplugging - didn't work.  Tried using the remote - nothing.  Tried using a 12v trigger from the preamp - did no good.  Tried resetting the microprocessor per the manual using a toothpick in the unmarked hole near the RS232 jack - did nothing.  Previous owner said it was working when he took it out of service about a year ago, and I have no reason to doubt him.  We are both members of the New England Antique Radio and Vintage Electronics Club.

Any ideas greatly appreciated.

aldonna
I would look for a good reliable tech. Any good tech would be able to take care of your problem. I deal with Audio Classics for all my Mac equipment and they do repairs. Not sure if they would work on a Parasound but you never know. Just checked their site and they are closed due to the Governor declaring all non essential business close in NY. I guess our hobby isn’t essential, lol. Perhaps others will chime in with a good tech.  Is there an on/off master switch on the rear panel?
There are a few tech repair shops near me in Augusta and it will probably end up at one of them soon.  There is no master on-off switch on the rear panel.  Friend of mine said I should discharge the caps with a wire across the 115v terminals.  Sounds risky to me.  What would cause the protection circuit to lock up, and how can I unlock it?