Cassettes still rock!

Played Dire Straits debut album last night - from a Maxell XL 2s cassette recorded from the vinyl over 30 years ago. Best sound I've heard on my system in months. I have the SACD, but doesn't have the organic sound from the tape/vinyl. Dig out your old cassettes! 
mcondo
I've spent all day with my cassettes!  I won a huge auction on E-Bay for around 125 recorded on once, (well according to the seller, but all of them are in excellent condition, tapes & cases).  Included were Maxell XLII90, XLII100, XLIIS90, XLIIS100, TDK SA90, SA-X90, SA-X100.  I paid next to nothing for all of these.  The tape gods were certainly smiling on me that day.

I have a commercial/professional tape degausser that came out of a recording studio, that does a fantastic job at cleaning these up.

I'm now on my third recording of the day.  So far these have been perfect.  Hopefully most will be the same.

Boy, I sure love this.  Hands on and very rewarding.  What a BLAST!!!
Wonderful haul mofi!

Sometimes you can still score big on eBay.
Good job I did not see that auction... Lol
You would have had a bit more of a fight on your hands to win.😎
Enjoy!
Anyone have (or used to have) a Harmon Kardon CD-491 deck?   It was top of their line at the same time as Nak was selling the Dragon...it was <an obviously> less popular alternative, but had really great performance profile once dialed in.   I was recently going to sell mine, I think I even listed it for a day or two...I just couldn’t bring myself to pull the trigger, for some crazy reason.   More than a few folks showed interest, I was a little surprised.     Best, stay safe...Jim
Anyone have (or used to have) a Harmon Kardon CD-491 deck?

I have a CD-391 deck.  Bought it from the original owner along with a HK590i receiver for like $75 for both.  Units were in mint condition and I use them in one of my record rooms.

Excellent cassette deck.
Didn't even read most of this thread past the first few posts--in the day i always recorded my vinyl one play--onto 7.5 R to R Akai deck and Nakamichi CR4 cassette deck, metal tape.  The cassettes are just so so now==the pre=recorded ones unlistenable--but the R to R tapes are still fantastic and have made up for my loss of most of my vinyl in a Houston warehouse flood many years ago--however, some of the cassettes have held up well and i still enjoy listening to them--no, they are not the best but the nostalgia is.  And i'm back to the vinyl which is the best--with most of my remaining albums having only been played once...