Kudos to Dave at Audio Doctor!

Hi everyone. I’d like to share my experience with Dave Lalin of The Audio Doctor in Jersey City, NJ.

First, I live in Clearwater, Fla. and I have been on Audigon off and on over 20 yrs. I know those of you that criticize Dave for recommending certain products that he sells. But before any of you criticize him again, consider this.

i met Dave over the phone in November culminating in the purchase of a Innuos Zen MK3 streamer/ripper which I love. After the purchase Dave stayed in touch several times letting me know shipping status, accessory cables I should consider, then followed up again to make sure I was happy with my purchase.
I had earlier explained to Dave my big handicap was my large family room here in Florida used for both music and HT, the room acoustics being a “BIG” problem! I’ve got some pretty nice gear but the room acoustics have limited those abilities for years.

So here is “the rest of the story” as Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes would have said. On Wed. March 4th Dave calls me. He explains he is flying into southeast Florida (Boyton Beach) that weekend for his mom’s 86th birthday and would I be home over the weekend?

On Friday two weeks ago today Dave rented a car and drive 239 miles to my front door, Google Maps drive-time was 3 hours and 52 minutes. He had come to my home to see what I was dealing with, He suggested tweaks that did and “did not” involve his products. He played with my system all of Friday evening and until 2pm on Saturday. He never once discussed charging me anything for his services! Now how many retailers of anything would do this on their own time, on their mother’s birthday weekend, and never hand you a bill?

Concluding, his knowledge and vast years of experience in our hobby/passion are as good as anyone I have ever met. His kindness, sense of humor, wanting to educate, and sincere desire to help a customer in today’s times was refreshing and incredible. An A+ in seldom seen customer service.

Of course I paid for his rental car, bought him dinner, put him up for the night, and will do more business with him. Dave drove 478 miles and spent nearly 8 hours driving back and forth to help me on his mom’s big weekend. I highly encourage members here to consider doing business with Dave. He will always have my business.

Dave “thank you” again from both Eileen and myself.

dave1980
dave1980

... So here is “the rest of the story” as Andy Rooney of 60 Minutes would have said ...
Sorry to be a stickler, but that was Paul Harvey who had "the rest of the story," not Andy Rooney.
I know those of you that criticize Dave for recommending certain products that he sells. 
I've always thought Dave was a worthy contributor here. There's no one here who is free of bias.
Great story and I will say Dave got off to a bit of a rocky start here but his posts since have been helpful rather than sales-y.
Cleeds, I stand corrected thank you. I was late for a meeting and typing/thinking way too fast!
I’ve had great experiences with Dave also. He visited me in San Francisco for three days, brought all kinds of equipment for me to audition, helped position my speakers and otherwise set up my system.  I paid his air fare, a pretty fair deal from my perspective. He did not try to sell me things I didn’t need and complimented components which I didn’t buy from him.  Since then, he has provided regular advice by phone and email. 
 You can’t fault an audio dealer for wanting to make a living  but I always felt his top priority was to be helpful and constructive, only recommending things that really would make an improvement.  I think his posts on this board are the same.   
Post removed