Used DAC choice: Schiit modi 2u for $69 vs. Peachtree DAC-iT?

So… I have no DAC for my CD transport. It will take a while before I buy a very good DAC; I'll spare you the reasons.
Stuck in the house, I wanted a DAC to hold me over.
I'm going to play a Cambridge CXC transport and a Node 2i streamer through the DAC.

I wanted it to be cheap, so when I buy a much better DAC, I won't feel as if I've already spent that part of the budget.

I saw two deals pop up, used, at TMR Audio:
* Schiit modi 2u (several years old) for $69 (down from $149)
* Peachtree DAC-iT (7 years old) for $99 (down from $449)

I went with the Peachtree. Was that the smart move or not?

This is such a low-cost purchase, feel free to be blunt! Tell me your reasons. I'm going to be happy, anyway.

128x128hilde45
The Node2i has a built in dac, while not that good compared to newer dacs it’s probably as good as the preachtree dac if not better. Unlike a lot of others on the forum I have not been impressed with Schiit dacs so between the 2 I would have gone with the peachtree. 
@djones -- thanks. Comparing the Node with the Peachtree will be something to try. Even if their character is different, I’ll learn something. I was going to buy a cable to connect the transport with the Node 2i (something which others said I could do) and I thought that for a little more $$ it would be fun to try an external DAC originally priced at $450 or so. If it’s not better than the Node 2i, I can always use the Peachtree with my laptop.
So your the person who stole the dacit out from under me.... LMAO.

Seriously I was about to buy it for exactly same purpose in second system then saw it said sold.
Please report back with your impressions.
Like everything in this hobby better is subjective, I haven’t heard the peachtree just going by specs on the two, Node2i and peachtree, it will give you a chance to compare different chips implemented in different ways, Node2i uses Burr brown,  peachtree ESS. IMO unless the DAC is intended to have a sound signature, i.e. tube dacs, R2R dacs, filters implemented, I have a hard time telling good neutral dacs apart. I doubt I could do better than chance in a blind test.
@uberwaltz -- so sorry! I do appreciate knowing that someone else wanted it! Tell you what, if I ever decide to get rid of it, I'll message you and we can arrange something way under market!

@djones I often have trouble telling things apart. I'm learning more about being a "critical listener" as Harley calls it, but often I find it hard to freeze a moving sound impression in my mind with enough precision to then compare it -- after a delay -- to another moving sound impression. In some cases, it's obvious -- "no bass" or "harsh treble" -- in other cases, it feels like guessing.