O.K., the other end of your personal experience

Most of us like to remember the good items we have had, on the other side/end, what are some of the ones you have had that were from "not so special" to (in your opinion) bad?  The risk here is naming names and people getting defensive...  In the end it is just an opinion and not an attack.  

Mine:  Monster M1 cables, nearly any/all cassette decks, simply not a high fidelity format to my ears.  Early headphones from several Japanese makers.....excellent way to get a headache. 

whatjd
I got ransacked way back when. Totally trashed the place, we didn’t have much, they stole my AR4x’s, First decent speakers I had, bought when I was 20 with wedding gift money.

https://www.ebay.com/i/223945227350?rt=nc&_trkparms=aid%3D1110001%26algo%3DSPLICE.SIM%26ao%3D2%26asc%3D20160908110712%26meid%3D7b84490df2c44011b82d2a3d835d58c3%26pid%3D100677%26rk%3D5%26rkt%3D30%26mehot%3Dnone%26sd%3D392384005285%26itm%3D223945227350%26pmt%3D0%26noa%3D1%26pg%3D2386202%26algv%3DDefault

Big loss, it takes years to get over the sense of violation a total ransack leaves you with, add the horrible feeling of somebody else having your AR4x’s by theft.
big plinth turntable, 2 arms: bought 3 turntables, returned 2, finally 3rd one done, done, done

not mine, but this deck
https://www.flickr.com/photos/always_rich/5891273953

I went thru the only 3 for sale in the world at that time.

1. ebay from Japan. Members here alerted me to tonearm gasket deterioration, luckily seller agreed to cancel the sale.

2nd from canuck audio mart, arm had gasket problem, seller fixed it, bought it, seller packaged poorly, destroyed in shipment. what a shame such a rare beauty gone from the world.

3rd and last one for sale then, also from canuck audio mart, perfectly packaged, bought 9" arm with advice here, got real mono cartridge recommended here, successfully risked new 12.5" arm from russia, unknown by anyone, whew, it's a winner.

elliottbnewcombjr   Sorry to hear about the invasion and loss of items and feelings.   I had a very nice high-end car system stolen out of a nice car I had.  The worst part was not the loss of the audio system, but the extensive damage that was done to the car.  Had I awakened my 12 gauge pump might have gotten a workout. 

Chinese company Jungson made some absolute crap of a integrated amp. This was right after a bad experience with a tube integrated, Aronov LS960I that while magical sounding turned out to be long-term unstable. So, keen to avoid a replay of that decided to go solid state.

Side note- this becomes yet another example of why not to select components based on narrow minded technical considerations.

Yes, we just called ourselves narrow minded. So there.

So anyway like we said this Chinese Jungson amp turned out to be absolute crap. In no time at all it developed some strange intermittent noise in the left channel. The Chinese Jungson customer service was so bad the Chinese guys actually came out to my house on the pretense of replacing it only to listen and evaluate and learn what they could from me. (Does this sound familiar?) These two Chinese guys from Jungson saw with their own eyes and heard with their own ears, their amp was defective, told me to my face it was indeed the amp, then lied to my face. Because far from replacing it as promised they then totally stopped even taking my calls. 

Fortunately my dealer was a stand up guy and made me whole. But they stiffed him too and so being a good dealer that was the end of his doing business with Jungson.

Off the top of my head, my list of didn’t-cut-the-mustards (don’t ask me for dates or model names) --
Transistronics Integrated

Lyngdorf Integrated Amp

Infinity Black Widow Tonearm