Which gives better results inexpensive DAC or inexpensive tube Bluetooth pre?

I am an old school newbie when it comes to DACs and Bluetooth and still listen to vinyl cassettes and preferred tubes over solid state.  
I listen to Spotify thru an old phone or iPad plugged into my preamp via an RCA to mini plug, in addition to CDs, cassettes, vinyl and a tuner for sources so I am not into streaming yet.

i have friends who stream from their computer and are all about having a good DAC, but yesterday I met someone who had several amazing sounding systems and he had an $80 tube Bluetooth preamp in order to listen to his iPad wirelessly.  The several systems I heard yesterday are well above the lower end high end gear that I’ve had and just curious which is better - spending money on a separate DAC or a cheap Bluetooth preamp?  I like the idea of playing my Spotify wirelessly.  
I’m not ready for Roon, Tidal, a streamer or getting into it more as I have lots of music that I enjoy.  I’d just like to get better fidelity from Spotify and be able to listen to it wirelessly.  TIA :)
128x128lou_setriodes
Thanks Rueben, is listening to my Spotify without a wire considered “streaming wirelessly?”  Because that’s all I really want to do at this time with better fidelity / the best fidelity available on a shoestring budget.  

@lou_setriodes  - Listening to Spotify, wired or wirelessly, is considered Streaming. Spotify, like Qubuz or Tidal, is a streaming music service. You're streaming the music, regardless of a cord, or not.

I've not heard the Topping unit that Eric recommended. However, if it has a quality bluetooth receiver built-in, it might be a good choice. The Auris BlueMe HD is a really good bluetooth receiver and it's built-in DAC is adequate. Most of the time, I liste to mine connected through my external DAC, but it sounds good via analog output (built-in DAC) too....
Just a thought. I realize that you’re budget minded, but you might want to consider another service other than Spotify. Tidal, Qobuz, even Amazon HD, will give you better quality files than Spotify.