Beware of NAD M3 Fire Hazard

My $3k NAD M3 started shooting sparks out the top and burned the shelf that was 8" above. Luckily I was home and not sleeping or the house would have burned down. If anyone has one of these I advise them to unplug it when not in use. I took it to two different repair shops and they said it would be about $800 to just get it running and there may be board issues. They advised not to take the gamble. Anyone have any suggestions on what to do with it?
pwb

1. Contact NAD
2.Contact who you bought this junk from.
3 Tell Millercaarbon to piss off.
3 Buy some real gear like Simaudio.

Post removed 
https://ibb.co/T1VBM5G

I’ve never seen the top vent of an electrolytic cap blown off like the one in the photo.

That’s just plain scary!

heaudio123 Said:
Could be anything, but a shorted diode in the bridge passing AC and cooking the capacitor would be my guess.

Wouldn’t that cause a high current load on the secondary winding of the toroid power transformer causing the primary winding to overload and cause the 5 amp (I assume a slow blow) fuse to blow?

Post removed 
ok... you probably got a simple case of defective cap.... most likely there is no more damage to the the unit . you need all 4 caps to be replaced and that is probably it ...