Fairly new to streaming. Where to start?

$2k & under budget

Aralic Vega has streamer  and DAC. May be the easiest start?
Then there is Schiit...Yiggy or Gumby...which streamer?
Ladder NOS dac? Or Chip? I'm old. maybe I'll like the old school DAC?
Then there is  Benchmark DAC 3...I think it has streamer?
Then
Exasound E32
Audio Mirror?
Metrum
MHDT Orchid
Border Patrol?
Musical Paradise?
Whats a newbie to do? I am a classic rock fan with lots of FLAC & M4a files. I like detail & PRaT. Love a good bass line. I also play some 70's jazz. I have a Theta Miles CD player from the 1900's & play a lot of vinyl too. But I need to come into the 21st century.  Besides, I will probably become tired of the vinyl ritual and work at some point as I get older. I think I have done enough homework to be somewhat confused. Maybe the biggest question in light of how fast digital changes is the question of streamer with DAC or separate Streamer and DAC. One other question is the streamer & bridge the same thing? OK Thanks!! 
128x128artemus_5
“If you want to hook up your CDP into a DAC then you would need to pick up a DAC with at least two COAX Inputs

Why so? Can’t I use the coax for CDP and USB ior another input for streamer?”

@artemus_5,

Yes, you can provided streamer has USB output. The Node 2i or Vault 2 has no USB output. So you’re stuck with using its Coax or Optilink output to a external DAC.
If you pickup a Aurender, Lumin or Innuos streamer without the internal DAC, then you have an option to use USB output to a external DAC.

Vault 2 offers easy ripping. I use my Vault 2 for CD ripping only. And yes, you can use Android phone but a tablet makes it so much easier to browse / navigate. 
Artemus

Yes simple is good at times and I have been down that road.
Then I desired flexible, well you know how that goes, wholesale equipment changes.

IMHO the Bluos app is very easy to use and navigate, the Aurender Conductor app is also pretty intuitive.
Cannot comment on Lumin but I really did not like the Auralic Lightning app very much.
OK, Maybe I don't know as much as I thought which.......
Do I need to run a network wire from my router to the Streamer? OR Can it run on wireless? I have good enough signal to stream video. I also have 1-3 GB usb hard drive which I can put near streamer.  Can I download necessary files for streamer to a USB hard drive and have streamer read it off hard drive plugged via usb into streamer? 
Time to go get my head clear now, THANKS to all for your help!

@uberwaltz,

I think Node 2i or Vault 2 (used) is a safe and logical choice given OP’s $2K budget. Even if he decides to take the same upgrade path as you, he can still use Vault 2 for ripping CD’s. You and I both know CD players are going to be extinct in next few years. I certainly don’t plan on replacing my CD or SACD players once they stop working. My ripped CD’s stored on my Aurender N10 sounds terrific.  

I agree with you on Auralic Lightning app, its probably the most unstable app. 
If you can audition at dealers I would do so.

Try listening to a kit that is below your budget, like a Sonos maybe? Then listen to a kit that is 2x or 4x your budget. Doing so will give you a better idea how digital sounds at different price points.

If you enjoy the sound from your turntable system it is not guaranteed that you will enjoy the sound when streaming digitally as much? Sometimes the difference is minor and other times trying to improve the digital performance can send you down the proverbial rabbit hole. I like the sound from my vinyl station more than my digital system. But the flexibility, variety and ease of use that digital offers is just awesome.

As you move up the ladder for better sound quality the expense becomes out of wack. This is not linear but exponential in a way. Chasing those final percentage points can cost a ton of money. Listening to a variety of systems will train your ears to the sound quality vs dollars equation. Trust your ears and don’t rush this...