Subwoofer insight.

This is new territory to me. Current speakers are 2 way with frequency response of 60Hz-20KHz with +/- 2dB.  Sensitivity rated as 86dB. Chance to purchase a pair of REL 7 tis. I feel like I am missing something but will have to buy the subs to try out. My basic question is this. Does this purchase sound wise? I know what I am willing to spend but do you think I will notice an appreciable improvement.  I know that no one can listen through my ears but this is my first time doing this. Source is 75 watt integrated tube amp, McIntosh MA-2275. Thoughts appreciated. I am leaning towards going forward with the deal but would appreciate some feedback. Room is large and open, 28X38 feet with 9 foot ceilings. Thanks for any feedback.
ricmci
ricmci, if you wonder if more subs really is better, check this out. https://systems.audiogon.com/systems/8367My first sub was the Talon Roc in the corner. A fine sub. But only one. One does not work very well. (Sorry, guys, but it doesn't. Can't.) Once I learned about the distributed bass array and decided to build my own the original play was to get the DBA up and then sell the Roc. Because who needs 5 subs?

So I built the 4 and removed the Roc and the DBA was awesome and was just about ready to sell the Roc when for kicks decided to try and see what it would be like with 5. Well it didn't add bass, its not about more, its about better, and 5 is a lot better. So the Roc stays. 

That's what you want. Don't worry too much about which ones. Four of just about anything will be better than one of anything. Four really good ones will be even better of course but mostly its about numbers not quality. Don't worry about placement. Placement with one is a huge headache, and nothing works anyway. Placement with two or three gets easier, because with more subs there are more modes and its easier to have them smooth out. Placement with four or five is trivially easy. Pretty much anywhere you plop them down you will hear awesome bass. 

I worry that by awesome you think I mean better than usual. No. I mean awesome. The exact word that was used three times by the last guy to come and listen. Deep, articulate, powerful, smooth, and 3D in an enveloping immersive way you have to hear to believe.

So get your two. For now. Consider it a good start.

Post removed 
What are the original speakers?  The specs seem fine, but it's hard to relate otherwise....*S*
If you want to get the highest technologies ,and performance plus a great app for phone or tablet and 2019 sub of the year 
SVS 3000 SB for $995 delivered , 45 day audition 
don’t like it they will even pay the freight back .
i have a $1600 JL Audio,and rel sub that we’re both over 1500
this SVS sealer sub is so much more advanced
and even borrows from the flagship all technologies and is a 13 inch Aluminum driver and over 25 lb driver 50 or 52 bit processor 
the 2 part pole piece uses the small inner section for low volume,and outer as demand requests it ,meaning very tunefull
tight Bass even st low volume ,unheard of and only a 14 x16  52 lbs , and the app all adjustments and volume from your listening position , if you want to tune the room ,buy the $90 Mike and rew
on your computer , and truly tunes your room ,a learn8ng curve there though, and SVS can assist on that. Thunderous Bass to 
earthquake 18 HZ. One is plenty ,but for movies and just to balance the room two is best . Highly recommended !!