Advice on Music

Hi,

This might be a weird question or request but I have been wanting to hear some particular or specific type of music on LP's and am trying to search for them.
I will provide 2 example's of what I am looking for. I don't know the genre exactly but have some slight idea I think.
Kind of looking for older soft vocal music or just music from long ago.

The music would be from the 1940's to the 1960's I think.
First example, Frank Sinatra One For My Baby. I have this album and love listening to this song and the others on the LP but especially that particular song.
Second example, Music: "It's Been a Long Long Time"
I like that really old skool music and songs.

Would that be big band or some other genre?

Obviously Frank Sinatra is one artist that I probably need to get more LP's of if I want that type of music but I am also thinking Nat King Cole, Dean Martin maybe? Not to familiar with artists from those times or the music but I know I like it.

I prefer LP vs CD for this type of music.

Any other suggestions?
Thnx

128x128jay73
You might try Easy Listening or MOR, Middle of the Road.  Yeah, they're kind of  demeaning names for a genre but they might get you some decent artists to try.  I gotta tell you, too, that I inherited a lot of MOR, Sinatra-style LPs from my parents.  Both mono and early stereo.  Some of them sound truly superb.  I love 'em.
"One for my baby"

Ella Fitzgerald did a cover on her 1960 Verve release "Let No Man Write My Epitaph"It is fabulous. I have 3 period copies. Verve Stereo/Mono and a British "His Masters Voice"
Ella does a wonderful selection of American Songbook cuts.

It’s the soundtrack from the movie.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Let_No_Man_Write_My_Epitaph
Also recommended if you’re into classics. Made during the period when Shelly Winters was attractive. Also the subject matter is quite racy for the time.

Difficult to find a clean copy but worth it, if you’re a period snob, as myself. I eschew reissues, and give in ONLY, if it something is unobtanium.
Here’s the 45 https://store.acousticsounds.com/d/67244/Ella_Fitzgerald-Let_No_Man_Write_My_Epitaph-45_RPM_Vinyl_Re...

It’s a particularly beautiful sounding album, because it’s pure.Just Ella and piano. Very few singers can get away with that. No voice is even close. Ella is known for her gift of diction, when singing. Today’s singers can’t approach her level.

Nothing against any current performers like Diana Krall, but she sounds like an amateur hour contestant when comparing the two.

I always get sucked into this album, no matter how many times it’s been played.
Definitely an album that reveals if your system is up to the task. Ella will be in the room, when it’s right.

I take this album to shows, to hear it on an uber system. Always catches everyone’s attention.

Mesmerizing.