Best Tonearm and Cartridge for 4K or under for restored Garrard 301

I have a good set up for digital audio and would like to venture into analog audio. My digital set up is
Cary DMS600 -> Cary SLP05 -> Cary CAD211FE -> KEF Blade. I love the sound!

My first and only TT is a Thorens TD126 with TP16 tonearm and TMC60 MC -> PPA990 and phono stage is Cary PH302.

I bough an old Garrard 301. Planning to get it restored by Jim Campbell. Have a slate plinth. Now I am looking for a tonearm and cartridge that will justify my set up. I am thinking 4K. I could go lower or higher depending on the feedback, cost/value. I am looking for a good bargain. If I don't like it, I can easily sell it without much loss. I listen to classical, jazz, rock, indian music. 

I have never setup a tonearm before. But I looked extensively on the internet and Michael Fremer's how to set up videos. I understand all the different angles, VTA, SRA, Azimuth, Zenith. 

Looks like Michael likes Kuzma 4PT, I liked his review of the tonearm.
I am also looking at linear trackers like Transfi Terminator.
Woody, Triplaner Mk VII, SME 3012R, SME 312, Ortofon RS 309D, Dynavector DV 505/ 507, Reed 3P, Stogi reference, FR 64S, FR 64 FX, Sumiko 800.

kanchi647
OMA plinth is Pennsylvanian GRAPHITE, not Granite
and now cast iron too 
so nice to see the warm help and expertise extended to OP, even if he lives in Ahia !

I spoke with Greg at STS. Great guy. 
I am planning to get it rebuild by Greg. He offered a lot of upgrades for 301. He stocks  AudioSilente idler wheel. 
He also has long spindle bearing and bigger platter which sits on top of the original one. He says that it is better than the shindo bearing and platter. This upgrade is for 2600$.
I will go with upgrading idler wheel for sure.
I will buy the plinth from  Layers of Beauty and ship it to Greg.
Greg likes SME 3009 and SME 3012 version i or ii tone arms and he said he can refurbish them as well. He also carries Schick tonearms. 
Now I have to hunt for a tonearm and cart.
Thanks again for all your help.