Dumb break in question...

Im breaking in a new CD player,plan on playing disc on repeat for a while. My question; do the outputs of the player need to be hooked up for this to be effective?  TIA,
winoguy17
I'm of the just listen to it school.  Listening to music is enjoyable even when the equipment is not optimized.

Not that it needs to be said, but Almarg has been so helpful so many times for so many people on this forum. I just want to say thank you.
Expertise when vastly exceeded by ego is just tedious.

and knowing what one is ignorant of is very powerful- indeed it is the font of learning

yes, even the master sensei has.... a sensei

a kernel of value, sweep disc for your TT also IF ya don’t have one. Unless you invented it, you learned about it from someone else :-) @slaw thank you Sir.
Unless you invented it, you learned about it from someone else
Very wise words indeed!

Might have to adopt that as one of my mottos....... unless you have a patent on it Tomic?
Lol
Uber: Actually I think the patent office is slipping - they approved one recently for a case lot bulk buy of tweeters that is comical

but, what do I know ? Every patent  I was involved with I signed over to my employer.... in return for my freedom at 55

Ah, the Test(y) CD Burnin' 'rack... (As introduced @ Burning Man to an ecstatic hoard....) 

I love the smell of hot polycarb' in the morning....😒