Cartridge Upgrade - Nagaoka or Goldring

Current set up:
Rega P2, Goldring E3, Rogue RP-1(built in phono), Rogue ST100, Martin Logan Montis.
I love the sound I get now, but looking to step up from the E3. Has anyone compared the Goldring E3 to 1042 and/or Nagaoka MP200? How about Goldring Eroica? 
Would the Nagaoka work on the P2?Would a difference be significant with any of these cartridges over the E3 using a built in phono in my Rogue preamp?

I listen to all kinds of music...from classical to heavy metal.

Thanks in advance!

128x128audphile1
I know that specs are not always everything and the Nagaoka gets good reviews.

I have never seen a bad review for anything in audio, all reviews are good nowadays, almost for everything.

But I read the specs for 1042(Nude diamond line contact)

Line Contact is much better profile, you can read this article from SoundSmith

I never heard of Pickering. Will research.

I bet people like you trust Michael Fremer? So you can read his article about Norman Pickering. Stanton was his plan manager and later bought his company. In the 80’s, when the best Stanton and Pickering cartridges were made, it was the same company owned by Walter O. Stanton.

Mr. Stanton invented the interchangeable needle grips !

Now you can listen to the last interview with Norman Pickering, thanks to Michael Fremer, the audio link is in the end of the article.

Strange that you never heard about Pickering, it was one of the greatest brand in audio in America.

Pickering cartridges with Stereohedron styli like XSV-3000s, XSV-4000s with Samarium Cobalt Magnets are great MM for very reasonable cost today. Some more expensive models like Low Impedance series (XLZ-4500s and XLZ-7500s) are simply the best from this brand and absolutely amazing cartridges (they are very rare).

I've been using Goldring 1042 for years with the Nottingham Spacedeck/Spacearm and have no plans to replace it. Bought it from analogueseduction.net from the UK. Sounds very good with all kinds of music that I listen to. Can't speak of classical music, but for jazzrock, acoustic music and vocals I find it satisfactory or better. It is very alive but does not 'throw' the sound at you, very dynamic. Well, so is the Nottingham turntable. Nagaoka MP500 might be more refined but I like the sound to have some 'edge and bite'. Yes, upgrading your table is a good idea indeed.
Those pickerings are very nice.  I never see them NOS anymore.

My Pickering XSV/4000 cartridge is still sealed, the rest of the samples are opened. Still hunting for them, NOS are very rare indeed

Post removed