Where to Connect a Phono Preamplifier into a Line Stage

Quick question
When connecting a phono preamplifier into a regular linestage do you go directly to an input like "CD" AUX 1, AUX2, etc.

Thanks
thankful
Wouldn't have been easier for everybody if the OP had simply stated what equipment he was talking about? He's not alone in being so stingy with information.  Some posters act as if the info was "state secrets".
Wouldn't have been easier for everybody if the OP had simply stated what equipment he was talking about? He's not alone in being so stingy with information. Some posters act as if the info was "state secrets".
yes of course but what fun would that have been!
Having looked at the OP's system, from what I can see on the manufacturer's (Odyssey) website there does not appear to be any distinction made among the analog inputs, so, unless the owner's manual has any suggestions, I'd think in this case that the OP can use any of the inputs.

Lol! What is that you're using there, Chief? Belt sander? Or random orbital?

So, when you posted your first response, you looked on thankful's system page, saw he had an Odyssey Audio Candela preamp, had intimate knowledge of the Odyssey Audio Candela preamp and knew for a fact that it did not have a 'direct input' RCA input? And possessing that knowledge infers that you knew some preamps came with that feature, the Candela not being one of them. I'm thinking you did not. I think the first you heard of it was when bdp24 mentioned it. And you gave your abrasive answer not having a clue of these facts. So you were right for the wrong reason.
But, take your tiny victories anywhere you can.
They're so few and far between.