Where to Connect a Phono Preamplifier into a Line Stage

Quick question
When connecting a phono preamplifier into a regular linestage do you go directly to an input like "CD" AUX 1, AUX2, etc.

Thanks
thankful
It starts as a mountain being blasted. Combing through the rubble you find a suitable boulder. You get to chiseling. Great big chunks coming off. No idea what it is. Eventually the chips are getting smaller, a shape is beginning to take form. Only when its clearly recognizable, only then is time for sandpaper. Coarse at first, progressively finer and finer, until its time for a liquid polishing compound. Last step, oil or wax, fills in micro scratches leaving a high gloss finish.
This project here, I would put more in the chainsaw on a stump category.
Funny......
based on the way the OP phrased the question, I figured he didn't have a particularly "unique" linestage . In the back of my mind I thought-someone's gonna comment that there IS a difference if you have a .......
I'm thinking someone with such a linestage, they wouldn't ask this type of question, they would know.

Best for me to stay out of techie questions.
Having looked at the OP's system, from what I can see on the manufacturer's (Odyssey) website there does not appear to be any distinction made among the analog inputs, so, unless the owner's manual has any suggestions, I'd think in this case that the OP can use any of the inputs.  
Wouldn't have been easier for everybody if the OP had simply stated what equipment he was talking about? He's not alone in being so stingy with information.  Some posters act as if the info was "state secrets".