Cartridge suggestions

Hi. Helping a friend find a new cartridge for his Pro-ject TT. He has a 2Experience with 9" EVO carbon arm. Listens to mostly jazz/acoustic music. Phono stage is an EAR834P clone. Speakers are Spendor BC1's. Ideally a neutral and articulate cartridge as if anything too laid back might end up making the whole system a bit too mushy. As the phono stage only has MM capabilities, LO MC cartridge isn't an option. So, HO MC, or MM/MI options please. Looking to keep this under 500 and used isn't really an option. Thanks!
perkri
Did you read my post before you responded?

Yes, i just missed the price point of $500, sorry

Stanton 881s mkII cost about $350 nowadays and most of the other cartridges i have mentioned are under $700 and even better. Pickering XSV-3000SP is just at your price point and a perfect match for that EVO tonearm! 

Ideally a neutral and articulate cartridge as if anything too laid back might end up making the whole system a bit too mushy. As the phono stage only has MM capabilities, LO MC cartridge isn’t an option.

Cartridges used for Disc Mastering at studios like Sheffield Lab must be absolutely neutral. When Doug Sax recorded his best he used Stanton 881s mkII as his monitoring cartridge for Disc Mastering process. This is the reason i recommend them. Doug was one of the best mastering engineer in USA. There are many others from the industry in this article where AT-ML170 OCC and Technics EPC 100c mk4 also mentioned as reference standard cartridges, they are all neutral. You will not find an equal MM cartridge from the new manufacturers, those cartridges are exceptionally good. The cheapest is Stanton ($350), the most expensive is Technics (over $2000 today), the AT-ML170 is probably $700 just to give you the idea of the prices.    

So, HO MC, or MM/MI options please. Looking to keep this under 500 and used isn’t really an option.

High Output MC is nonsense, never buy them, almost any good MM/MI is better with clear benefits of stylus replacement option!
@chakster 

Thanks!

More info to share...

And the 9"EVO arm is fully adjustable FYI

(And the TT is not plastic...)
Any thoughts on Nagaoka cartridges? Had an MP110 once which I rather enjoyed...
And the 9"EVO arm is fully adjustable FYI

What you mean fully adjustable? Can you adjust azimuth of the fly like you can do with Reed 3P tonearms for example ? Or there is a VTA on the fly like on Technics tonearms ? If you can adjust VTA then the version of the arm you have is probably better than another cheaper Pro-Ject that my friend has.

And the TT is not plastic...

It was an allegory ...
Pro-Ject turntables looks like plastic and they does not have weight like a proper turntables. My turntables are metal for example.

Any thoughts on Nagaoka cartridges? Had an MP110 once which I rather enjoyed...

Here we go again, the Nagaoka MP110 has BONDED elliptical stylus, best cartridges must have NUDE stylus and better profiles (LineContact type at least). If you enjoyed entry level cartridges i can only imagine how a decent vintage MM can blew your mind away with extended frequency range, sound stage and resolution you will get from a better cartridges.