Opinions on the best transport of 1k??

I need the help of my fellow a'goners. I just recently purchased a Kora Hermes 24/192 DAC. I am currently using my CDP as a transport but imagine that I can improve the sound significantly by including a dedicated transport. I would like to spend around 1k give or take a few hundred dollars. I am leaning towards a transport that has xlr outputs as well as coax.

I would greatly appreciate any suggestions for transports that might be appropriate for my situation.

Since I am new to DAC's and transports, can any transport take advantage of a 24 bit 192 sampling rate or would the transport have to also have this capability in order to make the combination truly 24/192 functional??

Thanks for your help...happy listening!!
128x128scifi
If you can find the Vecteur L-4 or 4.2 jump. It is a very good cdp but excells as a transport. I have heard it used as such in a very highend system next to the Levinson 31.5 and while not as good in absolute terms it is a much closer comparision than logic would dictate.
I haven't seen any transport that outputs 24/192 PCM for $1K. You can get 24/96 from some Thetas,Muse and DVD players. Unless you have a big collection of DVD-A or DADs,
you might be better off looking for good used Redbook transport or have your CDP modified to enhanse it's transport abilities and add a AES output.
I believe the Philip 963 outputs 24/192, but only coax (should be able to pick up a new one for under $400 delivered).