Maybe I'm crazy, JBL 530 vs DCM..

Just received my JBL 530s, on sale.

Tremendous, mostly clean bottom on these little guys. Now to be fair, I've had them less than a day, not sure what appropriate break-in time is. 
Initially they sound smooth and piano is especially nice (' Love over Gold').

But I'm hearing a slightly thinner but livelier more open sound from my 30? Year old DCM CX 17s. Probably about as diametrically opposed design-wise as 2 speakers can be.

I had a bad experience a few years ago with another pair of Chinese made speakers, Chane 2.4s. These JBLs are better to my ears, but do I need to run them for a week and then compare, or..?
Amp is wired 4 sound sti 500. Source is CD player. Thoughts for an old newbie? Thanks

sifter
Give them at least 50 hours of playing time if brand new.  Usually as the speaker breaks in, the thinness in the upper frequency's and the bass response smooths out. 
The low-frequency driver is stiff, you need to soften its suspension as stereo notes above. You can download free warble tones etc to play (NOT loud!) to speed up the break-in process.
The 530s are great speakers, they should sound faster and more dynamic than your DCMs — which were great little speakers in their own right.
Thank you, guys, I will do that. This morning I put on ' crazy baby' by Joan Osborne, and I'm hearing open airy snare drums on the DCM, and a more cupped snare but stronger bass line on 530s. Maybe just dramatically different voicing. I'll give it a week or two.