Production of Harbeth anniversary edition speakers sold out!!

"For clarity, the entire production of Anniversary Harbeth speakers was sold out some months ago. We calculated how many we could make to clear our stocks of cabinets, crossovers, connectors and so on and offered that capacity to our trade customers, sold it and are in the final phase of production now. So, if you desire these exclusive speakers, you absolutely must visit your dealer and place an order immediately."

- 03.05.2020 Alan Shaw 

arturgorniak
That's so Harbeth can market their new more expensive extented definition line.  There should be plenty of second hand anniversary models available when their new line starts to ship.  You know the drill.
Well - no WBT used in XD line as well as standard line of colors only. Actually, I do not think people will get rid of their Anniversary lines that quickly - those finishes, especially the Olive are to die for... :) 
My understanding is Alan Shaw is calling the XD a upgrade and the price with exceed the anniversary models.  The information could be wrong but I read it on another forum. 

the XD line also has a pretty significant price hike and might be even more noticeable for overseas buyers.

For what might be subtle change/improvements prior owners might be less ready to change out their regular/anniversary versions (I know Shaw in the past has even advised owners of say a M 30.2 to not buy the super 5 to ’upgrade’ as the difference is there but is it really worth the trade in and extra cost??)

At least the line of (5!) speakers will become a bit more unified for future customers instead of the more difficult choice that the regular/anniversary did, albeit at a steeper price.

I do suppose however there will be strong interest in the older models on the secondary/current market for those with a determination to find the exact sound signature they are looking for.

I wonder how prices will be stateside, regular compact 7 (which seems to be relatively better priced than the 30 or super 5) currently about US$4000 the XD might be....$5000 plus??