Streaming For Beginners

Hello All, I am interested in listening to streaming audio like Spotify on my home system. what components do I need to start?
128x128joeradio
I really wish we could have stickies here this question gets asked constantly these days. Admin would it be possible to put a Streaming FAQs sticky or something like it together?
I am only using the Sherwood preamp for a phono loop to my turntable and for the occasional tuner listening. The Lexicon DC-2 is my primary preamp. Can I connect the streaming thru the DC-2?
From looking at pictures of the rear of the Lexicon DC-2, you have available both audio RCA style analog inputs as well as digital spidif style digital inputs.  The spidif inputs make use of the DC-2's DAC, the audio RCA inputs need to make use of a DAC external to the DC-2, such as the internal DAC of a network player such as a Bluesound Node, or of a separate outboard DAC.  A Bluesound Node could be hooked up by either connection, but given that the DC-2 design is over 20 years old, it will more than likely be bested by more contemporary DACs, such as the internal DAC of a Bluesound Node.
"I have a good DAC and want to pair it up with a $70 steamer I saw on Amazon." Give it a try, you're only out a small amount of money if you're not happy, but I would suggest that what you're feeding the DAC matters. Keep in mind also that the app(s) you use to access streaming services and your stored music vary a lot. One of the best things about Bluesound is their app. 
Thanks to everyone for their input on this helpful advice. I will have to go to my local audio dealer and give the Bluesound Node a listen.