dCS Ltd. now has a US Service Center

Hi folks, I'm Steve George, service manager and tech.

An actual dCS employee, I am tasked with taking care of your needs whether software updates or actual repairs.

dCS North America
180 N. Belvedere Dr.
Unit 5A
Gallatin, TN 37066
(703) 349-6989

My other boss is Nagra, so we are Nagra's US service center, too.
mcintech
Shot in the dark, are you still a DCS service manager?  I have some issues with a Puccini U clock with which i need assistance.

Dave Mitchell
Yorktown VA
Steve,

I called today and left a message. On the off chance you are monitoring this site, I’ll paraphrase my problem.

I have a Puccini SACD/CD player and a UClock. The UClock is running software version 1.20. They were connected to an IMac (I don’t recall the OS) and all was good, great actually.

I replaced the IMac with a Mac Mini (late 2012, 8 GB, 1 TB SSD, OS Catalina), and I am getting persistent and annoying clicks. I checked the midi controller and the UClock shows up on the left side of the window, but the wordclock source shows as default (it should show the source as the UClock).

I’ve asked Apple why the IMac won’t let the UClock assume control of the wordclock. No clue, other than instructions on how to change the time on little clock that shows up in the upper right corner of the screen. I don’t think they understood the question.

I asked in the dCS community forum for advice--got lots but none of it worked. I was told that in order to update the UClock to current software version (which might be the fix), a hardware change is necessary.

I asked dCS HQ twice thru their support request form on the website, and once in a direct email for help, No response.

If a hardware and software change are necessary to fix this I’d like to know:

What is the most recent OS that does not create this problem?
How much does the hardware and software modification cost?
How long does it take?
To where does the unit need to be sent?
What guarantee do I have that future changes in Apple Operating Systems won’t put me in the same situation?

I sent a much longer email with more information and symptoms of my problems to dSC HQ, perhaps someone there could forward to you so I don’t have to repeat that litany.

I look forward to your response and eventually fixing this issue.

Thanks,

Dave Mitchell
Yorktown, VA