Finally bought a new Turntable!

Hello All,
Well I done did it now, I bought myself a new Turntable.
After much research and talking back and forth on forums, looking at various models, I finally decided on a Mofi Studiodeck with the Hana SL MC Cartridge.
I bought it from a local Hi-Fi shop that gave me a 10% discount on the table and a 15% discount on the cart.
I have only had about a week so far and have not had a chance to play a much music yet. Just a few tracks here and there.
This does bring me to a question that I have for the community.

After initially playing a few tracks, I felt I had to turn up the volume a bit more compared to b4 when playing the same tracks on my Denon DP-300f, which seemed to have a bigger impact at lower volumes.

I had the shop configure my Phono Pre-Amp (Sim Audio 110lp V2) and the gain was set to 60db.

I set it to 66db and RIAA Curve. I think that improved the sound a bit more.
But what I want to know, for the particular cart that I have on the table, what are the other recommended settings?
I know the manufacturer have their suggested settings and ultimately, I probably have to try different settings and play a lot of music until I feel I have found the sweet spot but wanted to ask you all if you have any suggestions or opinions.
One other very specific question that I have is, Does making changes to the phono pre-amp have any negative effects on the system? Meaning, could I potentially do any harm to the system?
I appreciate any feedback.
128x128jay73
Yes, that is my term for freebie patch cords....Basic Interconnects (is that so bad)

Yes. The horror. Patch cords are bad. And to quote the great philosopher Huey Lewis, "Cool is the rule, but sometimes bad is bad." With patch cords, bad is bad. Have you not read my posts? I’ve only told the story three times at least. Not about to repeat it again so soon.

So here’s what you do. You have to replace all your freebie plastic patch cords and rubber power cords. Between your table, cartridge and phono stage you’ve got a $2500 analog front end. That is crying out for a worthy interconnect.

On that note this is your lucky day! Check this out! https://www.audiogon.com/listings/lisa0d1h-synergistic-research-designers-reference-rca-1m-interconn... You get this and I personally guarantee you will be astounded at the transformation. This was their best interconnect back in the day. I heard it back in the day. I had the one just down from this in my system as recently as last year. Best of all this one uses Active Shielding. This is awesome because the wall wart power supply can be modded by Michael Spallone for peanuts and as good as it will sound when you get it- and it will be beyond good!- it will be a whole lot better when he upgrades the diodes and cap in the MPC. But again, even if you do nothing and use it as its being offered for sale right now you will be one very happy camper.

Seriously. Designers Reference! $375! This is a total no-brainer! This is not me being witty or kidding or anything. This is me being dead serious. Do not let this one get away!
Even better- just realized I bought SR interconnect from this same seller. Even more highly recommended now!
Hmmm, weird, my hana EL sounds perfectly fine at 60 db/ 400 ohm loading. It's got same specs as the SL version. How loud do you want it? Lps are generally not going to be as loud as a cd. I have more than enough travel left on the volume control. In fact at about 10 or 11 o'clock it is plenty loud for me. Using phenomena 11+ phono stage, and also tried with pro-ject tube box ds2. Both yield same results, perfect. 
@audioguy85 
I have to correct the typo in my earlier post. I run the gain with Hana SL at 56 and load at 500.
The main reason the OP has to go so deep into the volume pot is the Vincent integrated. It has an input sensitivity of 425 mV, the result being that he is going to have to probably run 75-85% full out on the volume pot to achieve higher SPL's. (I have a Shengya integrated-Shengya manufactures the Vincent product-with a 375 mV input sensitivity so I'm in a similar position). 

With a similar, or even lower powered integrated with an input sensitivity of, say, 200-250 mV, he might never go past half way on the volume pot. But that does not necessarily mean that it will sound better. 

While it may see a bit weird, I will reiterate what I said earlier in the thread for the OP. Turn it up, even if you're at 9 out of 10 on the volume pot, and if you can achieve the volume/SPL's you want to, don't worry about it. You will certainly not be hurting your amp-it is designed to function this way-or anything else in your system. 

Go back to 60 dB and try it out even if you have to almost max the integrated out. I would bet that you will have much better sound quality. 

Just be sure to turn things back down before playing a CD!
First thing is get it run in. 50 hours has been mentioned, treat this as a minimum. You have a lot of adjustment options with your tone arm and a stylus that likes to be set just right to give its best, hopefully the dealer will have got it close but once run in you may be able to improve on that. Play some music for an hour to get everything warmed up before judging any changes from loading (475 on a Hana SL sound reasonable to me but try up and down from there for any improvement) to tweaking the arm settings, setup tools are useful but listening should be the final judge. From the review I read the Studiodeck should be quite forward in presentation with the Hana SL lending a bit of refinement..