Trivializing AudiogoN...........ie: what I have is the best...

I have enjoyed and used this site since it's beginning.  It seems that many threads now boil down to people defending what they own in the manner of "what I own is the BEST!)....kind of like a high school pep rally. 

whatjd
Well........what I have really is the BEST!  I have a 9volt transistor radio that I go to sleep with every night, and it is a magical radio that can pick up early 60s rock and roll from "The Big 89" WLS in Chicago, I can listen to Ron Riley, Art Roberts and others do the nightly count down of the top 3 phone requests.  It is great, Gene Pitney, Del Shannon and many others...until that darn "British Invasion" came in and America kicked out the "native talent".  But, "It's My Party and I'll Cry If I Want", so there. 

Ha...Leslie Gore. 

Don't be mocking those little wonders from Japan, @whatjd .
On the east coast it was 77 WABC AM out of NYC playing all the hits.
When the music was great, that's all that was needed "gear-wise".

I am not sure what company made it for them, but for Christmas my parents bought me a protable radio from Mongomery Ward and it was sonically very good.  It seemed to have much inside of it (yes I took it apart to look inside).  I went through most of the money I could get ahold of for batteries. 

I like seeing other members’ systems, as . . let’s face it, they’re pretty friggin impressive!  I won’t own equipment like that, not in this lifetime, but I can try to imagine what it sounds like and how it might make me feel.  I could go look up people’s profiles for that, but if it comes up on a thread . . . go ahead, be proud of it, I would!

Im a guy that doesn’t know what he doesn’t know, but I know that is a lot.  So, for me, any advice, suggestions, impressions, warnings that another member cares to post . . I’m interested.

As for the putdowns, I can enjoy them too if they are funny (and many are).  I haven’t been on the receiving end, not yet, but that could even be funny in the hands of a skilled surgeon.  Like Don Rickles used to say . . . people would come up to him and say, “Mr. Rickles, insult me, please!”  😝
This is the first time I have posted anything about my own system. Some components are 250k, and my streamer was 1.5k (until I replaced it with a multi CD/streamer component 9.5k).
I felt that there would be a push back from the trolls and naysayers. Why would someone use 250k speakers?I love my system, I would like to improve some areas, or better said, try other components to see if one or more areas could be improved. That said, I also love reading the posts which are experiences or a personal review. Leave the bagging out of the posts.