Phono stage for 0.2mv cartridge?

I am looking for a quality phono stage with at least 72db of gain.  During this last year I obtained a Canary MC10 which sounds beautiful but I am somewhat volume limited and listen at such high volume control settings that tube rush has become an issue.  At 69.5db of gain I hoped that the Canary would work out but...
  Most of the popular stages like the Herron and the Manlely Steelhead seem to run in the 66-70db gain range.  Reviewers seem to routinely report on these phono stages using cartridges with low outputs but that runs contrary to my experience so far.  Any suggestions appreciated.

Bill
wbs
@uberwaltz, really surprised me as I started trying all three phone stages to decide on the one to cull/sell, as you might remember I was a bit leary of the Wall Audio @ 70db of gain as I had no issues with enough gain to begin with. Even used the same albums and monitored with a hand held SPL meter. Enjoy the music
@tooblue 

Was the cartridge loading the same for all three phono stages? If not, that might explain what you were hearing.
tooblue
well at least we know you aint going to lose your shirt if you decide to sell the wall audio unit!
lmao
Regarding the Wall Audio Opus 120, out of curiosity I took a look at its description and at a German-language review of it which are provided at the Wall Audio site. I see no indication of what its gain is for either of the two settings of the front panel switch that is provided for selection of moving coil (as opposed to moving magnet) cartridges. "70 db" is indicated as the signal-to-noise ratio it provides for LOMC cartridges. (That being a spec which is generally useless, IMO, because as in this case those numbers are usually provided with no indication of the "weighting" and/or the signal levels they are based on).

For moving magnet cartridges there is an indication which seems to indicate that 2.5 mv in results in 777 mv out, which is a relatively high gain (for MMs) of 49.8 db. But no such spec appears for LOMCs.

@tooblue Did the manual provide an indication of gain for LOMCs?

Regards,
-- Al

The Wall Audio is going no where, the ATA Serenade will be listed for sale on U.S. Audio Mart next week, along with 7 other pieces of gear. Love audio, hate selling it. Enjoy the music